A kid's balance bike

Just found out about these a few minutes ago and I’m thinking about getting one for the wee halfbreed for his Christmas. For those of you who don’t know, its like a “real” child’s bike, except it has no drive train and no pedals. You straddle it and push yourself along with your feet. They seem to be for kids of around 2 and up.
Anyone know where in Taipei I can get one (not online)?

Yes, but I don’t have the chap’s number on me. I’ll see him tomorrow morning and can ask for you. If you prefer then you can send me a PM with your details and I’ll forward them to the seller. Otherwise I’ll try and do it the other way around.

[quote=“sandman”]Just found out about these a few minutes ago and I’m thinking about getting one for the wee halfbreed for his Christmas. For those of you who don’t know, its like a “real” child’s bike, except it has no drive train and no pedals. You straddle it and push yourself along with your feet. They seem to be for kids of around 2 and up.
Anyone know where in Taipei I can get one (not online)?[/quote]
+1 for the balance bike idea

We have a Skuut that we got my son for his second birthday back in April. He’s (unfortunately?) likely to end up with a 30" inseam, just like both his dad and I, and even with the seat adjusted all the way down, he’s just barely tall enough to ride it at 31 months. That said, he LOVES it and he can really tear around on the thing now.

I don’t know if you’re considering the Skuut, but if you are, I could measure my son’s current inseam to give you an idea of how tall a kid has to be to ride it successfully.

There are definitely balance bikes that are smaller than the Skuut, but after lots of looking, I haven’t seen any that are better-made.

You can also just remove the pedals from a regular bike. It’s not quite the same, but they’re way easier and cheaper to get.

Firstbike is what you’re looking for. Here’s the link:
firstbike.com.tw/
Five bike shops in Taipei carry it. It’s around NT$4000, depends whether you want one with brakes or not.

[quote=“Incubus”]Firstbike is what you’re looking for. Here’s the link:
firstbike.com.tw/
Five bike shops in Taipei carry it. It’s around NT$4000, depends whether you want one with brakes or not.[/quote]

Yes, that’s actually the bike which my contact is distributing. You beat me to it.

Apparently the office number in Taipei is (02) 26816168