A Large Demonstration Kaohsiung on October 7? What this about?

From AIT Mailing:
A large demonstration is expected in Kaohsiung on Wednesday, October 7, 2020. Demonstrators will first gather at the Kaohsiung City Council at approximately 0900 before moving to the American Institute in Taiwan Kaohsiung Branch Office at approximately 1100. Between 100-500 people are expected to take part in the gathering. The American Institute in Taiwan urges U.S. citizens to avoid areas of the demonstration. We remind U.S. citizens that even demonstrations intended to be peaceful can turn confrontational. We strongly recommend that U.S. citizens traveling to or residing in Taiwan enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). STEP enrollment gives you the latest security updates, and makes it easier for AIT to contact you in an emergency

100-150 is large?

Costco sale carpool?

https://www.costco.com.tw/201010

1 Like

Yeah, that’s what I’m thinking.
I’ve seen bigger crowds and more carnage at the “Hello Kitty, Dear Daniel Wars” back in the day. I wouldn’t call that number large but I don’t get paid the salary of a diplomat. Potentially violent Demonstration, I’d travel to the city to observe this. Too bad I’m working.
I’m just curious what their Beef with the US is.

I reckon it’s the CCP double agents and KMT agents sucking on China’s Teat. They’re showing themselves!

Maybe it’s literally about US beef :smiley:

4 Likes

I almost forgot, in the breakfast shop early morning I saw something weird on TV news. There were a bunch of people marching around what looked like Taipei 101 carrying what looked like Chinese flags.
There was a really pretty girl who I guess was the front person making heart :heart: shaped outlines, with her hands.
Did that really happen or should I sleep in after drinking. The sound was turned down and there was really no one to ask.

2 Likes

That a load of Hogwash. Maybe it’s about hog.
If that’s the case, I’m with them. Family pig farmers pay my salary.
I’d rather not support big agrabusiness.
Look at the supply chain problems industrial farming and food production suffer in the states.

Anyone know what its actually about? Im in that neck of the woods towrlards, might be worth checking out?

Which TV news? They mighttave uploaded it on YouTube.

So . . . what happened?

Guy

1 Like

Is this it?

To recall the recall?

1 Like

I thought it might have something to do with ractopamine and clenbuterol.

In that case they can add:

Pork and poultry with “unacceptable” levels of salmonella and E coli are reaching supermarket shelves in the US”

It was on a wednesday and most dont know whats going on…simply put, good job Tsai.