A new luxury car with HP

[quote=“spoonyforkface”]
This is a little less luxurious, but it’s definitely unique to Taiwan and will pass the emissions test first go.

teslamotors.com/design/gallery-body.php

No growl, but it’s fast. Good luck getting it serviced too, so probably a little too impractical. [/quote]

And plugging it in? A little impractical in Taiwan too!

Serviced? If it ever works in the first place! :laughing: Talk about headaches!

The Nissan is a good idea though, but again Taiwan driving? Fagedaboudit!

I still maintain the best fast car for Taiwan is a Subaru Impreza turbo. Its available, reliable, you can get parts, almost anyone with half a brain can fix it when it needs a clutch and a pair of new windscreen wipers, and there’s even a used market for them if you either want one second hand or have a hope of selling it on someday. It may seem like a chopped liver supercar (yes, I did say supercar (ask me for my definition of one))that can outperform the best of them on Taiwan roads, but you can always throw in your dog and family and go touring if chewing up tarmac gets boring. Exotic supercars can’t be used on Taiwan roads practically. Period! It’s also a lot more costly to modify some fancy shmansy supercar to even suit driving on a Taiwan road let alone perform better on one.

Oops, I edited most of that stuff out. STI is ok too I guess, but they’re a dime a dozen - thus the availability of the parts. I’m also looking for something special that’s not around every corner.

Can’t drive a GTR in Taiwan?? Say wha?? I disagree, you just have to be selective where you drive :laughing: . Anyway, that’s outta my price range and I’d still prefer the older R34 - sigh.

i.e. the runway at Taoyuen airport. Its the only place free of holes, scooters and stupid drivers. Erm…alright perhaps just a few stupid drivers. :neutral:

Heres an idea gtrnissan.com … I didn’t see a price range and with talk of vipers (total garbage imho) the price shouldn’t matter. The GTR premium goes for $79,990 in the US, although because there are so few of them available dealer ships are able to gouge people to 100K-120k. I have an older friend who broke down and bought a 350z because he didn’t want to wait any longer for a sports car, he had to get out of his Dodge Durango. He just sold the 350z and is being delivered a GTR for 95k.

That Nissan GTR (skyline) has a Megaton of power handling and major sex appeal. 480HP 430FP torque. 3.8liter Twin Turbo 193MPH.
Automatic, Sequential Manual, or steering wheel padle shifted double clutch transmission.
All Wheel drive, economy mode, racing mode, or pure no intervention mode.

If money isn’t the issue and you want a truly incredible hand built car… Go with a GTR.

Or a Phaeton W12, or if you want a truck/SUV a Touareg W12
444HP 413FP Torque
youtube.com/watch?v=KmGNRMOpg7E - Phaeton
vw.com.cn/cds/?menu_uid=462 - Touareg

Both Luxurious and fast

Hate to think what a reventon would cost in taiwan?

Hey, a Ferrari 612 would be more practical than the stupid electric and kit cars thrown about in this thread. There is already a Ferrari dealer/service network in Taiwan so you don’t have to faff about with importing and servicing, and the 612 has ample room for 4 occupants with luggage! A steal at only NT$15mil.

It might not be to everyone’s taste, but whenever I feel like giving up business and just getting a 9-5 job I just look at these pics and the subsequent stiffy keeps me going for a full 3 days of cold sales calls: tw.autos.yahoo.com/newcar_trim_p … /2294.html. Come on llary, only $14mil to go! :discodance: