A perma-pox on Hong Kong

Doesn’t the Dim Sum make it bearable?

Mind you, you can get good Cantonese food in Taipei without having to put up with Cantonese people whom the Taiwanese seem to despise. Quite rightly too in my opinion :laughing:

A friend of mine here told me they are “rude, obsessed solely with money and they eat babies”. According to the TWese stir fried afterbirth is a Canto delicacy. As a good troll I made a point of asking someone I know from HK about this and she denied it. Though she did think the rest of accusation was funny and accurate.

Aww c’mon! HK stock just went way up, IMO, when a searingly sexy ex contacted me last week to say that he was there and might I consider flying out!
(no. well, maybe. no! or not)

You just don’t understand Hongkie culture.

HGC feel free to give me a call if you need a dose of sanity. We’re in the middle of renovating in Tin Hau - don’t get me started or I will vent!

what’s with the hate on canto, shanghai food. OK, i agree, the cornstarch is lame, but I blame that on the foreigners who imported that shite in.

I mean, when was the last time Oz was known for its culinary delights other than burning some shrimp black on the “barbie”.

But totally, I could vent all day on canto etiquette or lack thereof. I couldn’t tell you how many times people walk into me, because they are looking everywhere which direction but where they’re walking… and half the time, I’m standing stationary!

and then they have the guts to look at me like it’s my fault.

or how the queues where the little old lady is up so close to you, so she’s practically spooning you. uggh.

We need a club to vent; otherwise, I may go postal. How about a beer at the theatre in Tung Chung (with fresh air, mountainview, and not as big a crowd). But i’m open to suggestions.

Something tells me you aren’t from Australia: shrimps are little tiny shrunken things. Prawns are what you’re after, mate. No self respecting Aussie would ever have a shrimp on is barbie. and you don’t cook them black, unless you’re British.

either you haven’t been to Oz lately (like for the last 25 years) or you’ve never been there, or if you do go, you just don’t get out much… past Maccas.

One of my Dad’s friends lives in Australia. He’s got two sons born there and whenever he complains they always say “Oh no! Is The Pom whinging again”. Obviously he complained about this to my Dad, which is how we found out about it :slight_smile:

actually, what I’m saying is that Oz has no notable cuisine.

Strange. Some the best food I’ve ever had was around Sydney and in the Hunter Valley. Absolutely world class cuisine.

Thats cuz you’re from GB Sandman! lol. That’s where Oz cuisine comes from.

And I’m not saying at all Oz food doesn’t taste good, only that it’s not well-known for its own cuisine. I mean, when you’re best known for Vegemite, something is wrong.

Poor old deluded Jack. When we finally rope Edgar in for that long promised HH in HK, let me run through some of Oz’ rich offerings on the food front.

As for Canto swill. I suspect it’s the rotten food that gives them that godawful breath. The other stench is clearly mothballs soaked in faeces, for some reason, and then there’s the accumulation of stenches that arise when too many people live in close proximity in a mouldy box.

HG

This is 2008, Jack, not 1968. Get with the programme.

alright, there seems to be strong opinion about Oz food, so I’d be happy to sit with you guys for a Oz meal, and show me i’m wrong. i’d be totally glad to be wrong as i am a foodie. (again, not saying oz food doesn’t taste good, but what is oz food known for?)

:lick:

68? you guys are so old. :smiley:

If you’d been with me on my last visit to Oz, I would have been able to show you during virtually every single meal. No kidding.

Anyone have any idea how I can get my hands on some nukes and rid the world of this revolting shit stinking virus that is HK?

Only a HK Canto could possibly get so high on pot that they had to shit themselves sprawled out on a train floor. Loosers!

I don’t buy that was the first time in history. And as for passengers not smelling that turd, well that’s an easy one: If there’s any locals on there, then the whole freakin’ train smelled like shit anyway.

HG

Reminds me of this one time on the MTR, there was this stupid, fat, fugly Oz “woman” (if you could call her that), with a oversized coke cup from McD’s (which fat people ought to know better than to oversize).

The train has clear signs in English, Chinese and symbols (a cup with a red circle and a red line across its diameter) that any monkey could understand.

Add to this an announcement in 3 languages (English, Canto, and Mando) asking people not to eat or drink on the train.

YOU can already guess what happens.

She ignores all warnings, and proceeds to drink her sugary coke… of course, the inevitable happens (now, i’ve seen kids handle their coke cups with better dexterity than this cow).

She proceeds to undo the cap and forego the straw, probably because she is such a fat ass, she needs to up her intake rate. Naturally, her fat fingers can’t do the job, and oops, she spills half the drink on the floor.

Right then, we come to her stop (Disneyland, figures), and she just takes off without even trying to clean her mess. Frickin tourists - funny thing is, I haven’t seen any PRC peeps do that, and they do some crazy shit, like taking off a shoe and sock, and clipping toenails.

Of course, with the momentum of the train, and stop and go, the coke spreads all over the floor, and soon, its sticky sugary goodness get tracked by all the commuters standing in the train, and the shit gets all sticky.

and she was sober.

Well, build a public mass rapid transport system and don’t have any bathrooms at the stations and shit will out.

Good point. Which is also why I’m confident this isn’t the first time. Indeed I’ve very nearly had me a protest piss on a ticketing booth.

HG

careful, they’re electrified.

there is nothing like pissing on a cattle fence and not realising it’s electrified.

(although any smart cockie will tell you that you can hear the ting each time it sparks up).

BTW, as someone who visited Oz first in 1985, and second in 2007, I can indeed attest to the piss poor quality of the food on the former trip, and the delightful cuisine on every corner on the latter.

Actually, I should qualify that: good quality lamb, cheese, milk and fruit was always available.

I’m surprised at how much some of you detest HK and HK people. I thought they’re just like Taiwanese people but with a different spoken dialect and more English speakers.

What’s so awful about HK, HGC? I’m really curious why you dislike the people and the place. Why is Taiwan, in your opinion, better than HK?

I quite like HK (only spent time there as a tourist) and half the people in Vancouver are from HK so I’m kind of used to them. I don’t like the Cantonese language so much, though, but overall I feel HK people are kind of like Taiwanese people, but with better style, generally speaking.