A poll for the people affected by the strict border restrictions

First off, this is not even close to being true. Current estimates put your chances of contracting COVID, after vaccination, at somewhere between 50%-75% lower than that of the unvaccinated person. That’s a lot, but not as spectacular as you’re suggesting.

Your risk of dying on the average is certainly lower. There’s not much argument there. However, averages are not helpful because the effect of COVID varies dramatically depending on who is infected. If you are sixtyish, overweight, and generally unhealthy, getting vaccinated is a sensible course of action. The benefits probably outweigh the risks.

For everyone else, the risk is smaller, and therefore the benefit of vaccination is smaller. For the very young, their all-cause mortality risk is not affected at all by vaccination because COVID is not a risk factor for them. They are far more likely to die by violence or accident. For the very old, something similar is true: they are far more likely to die of cancer or heart disease than of COVID, so again the vaccine makes little difference to their life expectancy.

In general, if you are healthy, then your risk of dying of COVID is already miniscule. Reducing that small number by some modest factor - 60% or 80% or whatever it is - leaves you with another small number.

Every one in a hundred of whom? COVID has, after 18 months of pandemicking, killed 0.06% of the world population. Of those, 80% were old or sick. Only 1 or 2% were young and healthy (so, perhaps 100,000). Those who were sick had 18 months in which they could have decided to not be sick, but because of “muh freedom”, they did not. They elected to remain sick. And so they died - as they most likely would have done anyway, COVID or no.

As for the VAERS reports, I assume you know that nobody is performing autopsies, or even the most cursory analysis, to determine whether vaccines are the cause of death in any specific case? I’m sure you also know that VAERS does not count as a robust clinical study, and therefore - as I said earlier - the pharma companies are neglecting their statutory duties, with a nudge and a wink from government.

Do you know what your personal risk of all-cause mortality is? Do you know what your personal risk of catching and dying from COVID is? If you do, then you’ll be able to calculate that the vaccine is unlikely to save your life.

1 Like

I get antibody tetsting for free (in the US and work in healthcare) and have gotten tested out of curiosity, but I would not take it as evidence for entry into a country. China actually requires a negative IgM test for entry (at least they did a while back).