A poll for the people affected by the strict border restrictions

My kids did’t lose anything. Just an example to paint that the regulations don’t consider all the situations. If you get robbed in Barcelona it’s sure not your fault.

Covid is here to stay, Delta is here to stay. The only important thing is that the people in the dangerous age get vaccinated. Aren’t older people in Taiwan already vaccinated?
As the experts say, later on, older people and doctors will get the covid shot together with the flu shot every year.
At which point protection becomes irrational? I think we are almost there.
My grandfather died from Covid last year. My grandmother got infected but survived because she had a respirator at home. I am not unaware of the dangers of the virus.

2 Likes

Every time I have been robbed it has been totally my fault.

Experts are like Taiwanese bureaucrats: if you don’t like what they say, ask another one.

If your kids’ ARCs are lost, pay an attorney to get replacements.

Older people are not fully vaccinated here.

Then wait until we can have a secure supply so that everyone who wants one can get one.

The only vaccines required for residence permits (in some instances) in Taiwan are rubella and measles, the vaccines of which have been around far longer than most people reading this and are understood very well.

Arguments that the covid vaccines are in the same category are disingenuous.

And with that knowledge, we understand other vaccines very well as well.

We understand a lot of vaccines but don’t mandate them for residence permits nor, to the best of my knowledge, have non-FDA approved vaccines ever been mandated on any population in democratic countries. “We know a lot about long-term effects” is an absolutely false statement for a vaccine that hasn’t been in any human for more than a year yet.

2 Likes

We again. Who is we?

I never needed a health check for my initial ARC or APRC. I didn’t know that was a thing. I’ve definitely never provided vaccination records from back home to anyone here.

In my case (again, just my experience, it seems that everyone had a different one :sweat_smile:), apart from the usual chest X-ray and HIV test that I had to take in Singapore as well every time that I changed job (weird enough :thinking:), they took a blood test to determine whether I had the antibodies for rubella and measles. So they did not ask for a record (I had one actually), but searched for immunity within my blood.

My impression at that time was that the health check was common practice. I remember doing everything in a dedicated big room divided into Step 1, Step 2, etc. like a sequence with many other foreigners with me (a bunch of Filipino workers that time, I recall). The price was also fixed (1,500 NTD something) as “foreigner health check for resident visa”.

1 Like

That procedure sounds very familiar. But they can’t possibly have tested me for rubella/measles antibodies since I haven’t had either of those, or the shots.

Perhaps they do the test but don’t actually care what the result is.

Messenger RNA is very fragile. There are no long term effects because vaccine itself is completely destroyed in the body in a few days. The cells producing the spike protein are also destroyed in a few days by the immune system. In a few days there’s nothing left of the vaccine and its components.

Isn’t it lucky that everything is so simple, thereby obviating the need for Phase 4 clinical studies?

1 Like

Hundreds of millions have taken it already. Is that not a good enough sample size?

Juice me up.

And not a single one of them has been enrolled in the legally-mandated clinical trial. The normal procedure would be to follow up a large number of prescriptions as a new drug is rolled out.

The Phase 4 trial uses only a tiny subset of that population, and will be complete in 2023. If you want to take an untested medical product, knock yourself out.

1 Like

I guess we’re all boned then.

Oh well. It was fun while it lasted.

Not all. Only those of you who uncritically accept whatever corrupt politicians tell you.

Realistically, you’ll probably be fine, unless some black-swan problem appears out of nowhere. Most of you, anyway. Some of you will die or be left with life-altering disabilities. But not many. As long as the vaccine god is placated, all will be well.

The fact that it doesn’t alter your chances of survival by more than a fraction of a percent is completely beside the point.

When you continuously drink your own kool-aid as much as you have, you’re bound to continue mischaracterising people you disagree with.

This is where the arguments made by you and friends in the humbug thread fall flat. It’s hard to take your arguments seriously when the entire thread is filled with lies about us and what we believe.

I will never take you seriously. Especially with the bullshit the humbug thread propagates. If you want my attention, or the attention of the people you disagree with, you need to start treating the people you disagree with more respect.

It’s already been well established that it alters the chances by a significant number.

3 Likes

Does it? What do you think that number is?

It’s quotetime!

As I said before. I’m not going to take you or any other poster seriously until the mischaracterisations and lies about us stop. You have a lot of taking back to do.