A real use for the metal cage around my "balcony."

I’ve just read the who’s your daddy thread and decided to post the update to this super off topic thread.

Seems that the thing that hit the cage around my 12 inch balcony durring the typhoon was a watermelon. The guy accross the street does some kind of trade in fruit and left a couple boxes on the back of this truck.

Now. Y’all go on and talk about melons some more. :wink:

[quote=“housecat”]Keeping whatever that big solid thing that just crashed into it was from flying through the glass doors!

I’ve been here four years and this is the first typhoon I’ve seen that had that much punch. I live on the thrid floor, so that thing was really flying![/quote]

Wait a minute, let me see if I got this straight. You live on the third floor of a building. There is a truck parked across the street with boxes of watermelons in the back. During typhoon Dujuan something big crashes into the metal cage around your balcony. And you think it is a watermelon that has been blown UP three floors? . :smiley:

How many people here think that is possible?

[quote=“housecat”]Seems that the thing that hit the cage around my 12 inch balcony durring the typhoon was a watermelon.[/quote]That looks just like a head exploding outside your window, no wonder it put the willies up you.

housecat, what do you mean it “seems” it was a watermelon? Did you find seeds? Was there juice on your floor?

A watermelon blown up three floors? Not likely. More like somebody’s flower pot being blown off a balcony a few floors above.

[quote=“HakkaSonic”]housecat, what do you mean it “seems” it was a watermelon? Did you find seeds? Was there juice on your floor?[/quote]Or brains ?

Watermelons have no brains, otherwise they wouldn’t sit outside during a typhoon.

It was Boss Hogg that hit your window. He didn’t jump, he was PUSHED!!

Muhah ahhahahahahaha

perhaps some of our canadian posters could help out on this idear…

assuming that u have a metal cage…and if u live in a not-so-populated area…why not S.C.R.O.G - aka SCReen of Green…or more accurately, CAGE OF GREEN - C.O.G.

with taiwan’s crazy sun and a 12/12 that lasts til late october…

overgrow.com/growfaq/t79

beautiful veggies, tomatoes of course, right on ur windowsil…

:sunglasses:

Yes, yes, I know it seems all unlikely and all. But there was one lonely looking melon left in a rain soaked tattered box and other melons and melon parts on the street.

The melon didn’t burst when it hit my cage, so no seeds, juice, or melon brains on my floor. If it had burst, I would have known right away that it was a melon, no? I’d have been thinking, “cool, free watermelon,” and would have been too bussy snacking to post. :shock: :wink:

One question: During the typhoon, did you run out of drinking water and have to rely instead of large quantities of kaoliang?