A response to theCanadian Society article in the China Post:

[quote=“Muzha Man”][quote=“Chewycorns”]
I went to one or two of their events. I found the Forumosa-related people to be friendly enough, but some of the board members were quite snobby IMHO. That guy that works for the television consortium, for example. What an arrogant Quebecois!!!

Perhaps some people should get together and form the “Western Canada Society” in Taiwan :bravo:[/quote]

Here. Here.

But can I invite my Quebecois friend Michael in?[/quote]

You mean “hear, hear” right? :wink:

Your friend Michael? Sure. Actually, I usually get along very well with Seperatists from Quebec.

Actually I meant hey hey.

[quote=“Chewycorns”][quote=“almas john”]metrosexual wrote [quote]I mean, even Taiwan has its own country-code!

I mean, even the Americans get to have their own July 4th party; whereas, we are invited to (the C.S.'s regular watering hole) celebrate Canada Day & American Day on July 1st at Cosmo.

With this said, I humbly submit that I do NOT think Canada is a Country…
I think Canada is the country(!)…that is being misrepresented here in Taiwan.

Glad to hear that those who went, had fun. July 1st is always going to be a great day to party…i.e. anywhere you’ve got a bunch of us Canadians…well, and some beer/cool music. However, if you’re a Canadian that’s been around a few years, I think you know what I’m talking about.

三八弟, scorned!

p.s. Sorry, if I haven’t made myself clear: I think it extremely pretentious of them to ask us our postion of work. Futhermore, I’ve been to several of their events over the years and I think that they are some of the snobbiest/coldest people that I have ever meet![/quote]

Metrosexual,
I don’t understand your posts. What is your point?[/quote]

I went to one or two of their events. I found the Forumosa-related people to be friendly enough, but some of the board members were quite snobby IMHO. That guy that works for the television consortium, for example. What an arrogant Quebecois!!!

Perhaps some people should get together and form the “Western Canada Society” in Taiwan :bravo:[/quote]

As long as you remember that the East begins at Roger’s Pass.