A seperate forum for recipes within forumosa - yes or no?

You know, the rice pudding thread got me thinking. A lot of us want to cook but are used to western style kitchens. We try to adapt our recipes or cooking techniques, but often times the reults are not good. How about starting a “recipe” sticky or forum?

Folks who have tried new recipes or adapted western recipes to inculde Taiwanese ingredients or versions of ingredients could post. Just a thought anyway…

We could divide it up with Breakfast…Lunch…Dinner…Dessert recipes and requests

I thought there already was one, but upon checking, it seems no. There should be, I agree. I’ll get to it, hopefully before the end of this year.

I thought that was what the food forum was for?

I think it’d be good to have a sticky with only recipes, no comments, just the recipes, if someone wants to comment on a particular recipes, he can start a thread, but that sticky will be just recipes. The first post will have an index that will link to all the recipes on the sticky thread. That way, search will be easier.
Great idea.

Hold on. That means I’d have to check each day and edit the opening post to add a link to each subsequent post. Maaaaaaaaa faaaaaaaan.
Oh all right. I’ll give it a try and see how it goes. Not today though. No time.
If you want this, I suggest you go through the threads and send me links to any recipes you find so I can seed the new sticky recipe thread. There are a bunch, including some entire threads on recipes, such as Enigma’s(?) thread about cooking ideas for the small kitchen. How do propose fitting that into a sticky?

How do I make that? What is your recipe?

How do I make that? What is your recipe?[/quote]
First, harvest your rice. Then, slaughter your horse. Be warned. You need a very very very big pan for this.

I thought the Food Forum was the right place; why go through all the sticky trouble, Sandman? People can just put the word Recipe in the thread title if it contains recipes. Or create a subforum for this, and just move posts as needed.

I can do that tonite or tomorrow, if you call me Master from now on!

You obviously haven’t seen enough Frankenstein films, Igor. Igor is NEVER the master. Now, off to the graveyard with you and bring me back a nice brain.

You obviously haven’t seen enough Frankenstein films, Igor. Igor is NEVER the master. Now, off to the graveyard with you and bring me back a nice brain.[/quote]
Yes, Master!

Time for a new avatar? :wink:

I love it!!!

[quote=“Dragonbones”]I thought the Food Forum was the right place; why go through all the sticky trouble, Sandman? People can just put the word Recipe in the thread title if it contains recipes. Or create a subforum for this, and just move posts as needed.[/quote]Right. No need for stickies. (Do people ever read them, anyway?)

What did joesax say? I have him on ignore. A recipe for disaster for sure.

[quote=“jdsmith”]What did joesax say? I have him on ignore. A recipe for disaster for sure.[/quote]Just as well jdsmith won’t see this then.
:raspberry: :raspberry: :raspberry: :raspberry:
:upyours: :upyours: :upyours: :upyours:

:wink:

I smell smoke…