... a silent place in Taipei?

I’ve paid anywhere between 15,000 TWD per month to 45,000. Rooms, apartments, hotels. Now you will say I should have been able to find many decent places, and I will say that I’ve been hearing that forever. Where are those places ?

Even if you sound like a horrible person to have as a client, I could manage to get you something really quiet for 45,000.

Since you don’t seem to have budget restraints,

W hotel
wtaipei.com/

Hyatt
taipei.grand.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

Regent
regenttaipei.com/en/

Le Meridien
starwoodhotels.com/lemeridie … uage=en_US

If you don’t mind the commute, there are also hotels in Tamsui and Beitou areas that are guaranteed to be quiet and comes with hotsprings

Grand view
ezhotel.com.tw/gvrb/eng/

Spring City
springresort.com.tw/

But in Beitou maybe you’d find the smell of sulfur pretty unbearable as well.

About bugs in the hotel, it’s Taiwan, sub-tropical to tropical weather, there are gonna be bugs. It doesn’t help that hotels are expected to deliver room service and those who order room service often eat right there on the bed. You can remodel to avoid cockroaches, but how do one go about keeping out the ants besides regular poisonous pest control? In an air-conditioned high raise building, I rather see the ants than have ant poison all over the place… but that might just be me…

I won’t make excuses for the crappy places you have stayed in, but it’s absurd to assume that all hotels/apartments are that way.

I stayed at City Lake Hotel by Huzhou MRT stop (麗湖大飯店) recently, as well as S-aura (香樹) by Miramar. The first is your typical low-cost business hotel – clean enough but not a place I’d want to stay for an extended period of time – and even though the MRT runs literally right outside the window it’s inaudible. S-aura was quite nice on all counts.

Amen

$500-$1500 Per day for a hotel is pretty shit. For a serviced apartment I do not know.

As for Taipei, some of it looks like a toilet, but other parts are nice. Regarding noise, I find it hard to believe that any urban sprawl of 7M plus people (Taipei City and County) would be completely quiet. In Taipei you do have the option of living in the mountains while being in the city so finding quiet shouldn’t be too much of a problem.

As for the ‘urine’ smelling water, shit odors and ants etc. That is probably due to staying in $500 a night rooms, that is ghetto ass hostel shit, what honestly did you expect?

That road that goes to the National Palace Museum… well, as you keep going in the direction to the mountains, there are some AWESOME buildings were to live. I ended up in this island, in Taipei, I would like to be so fortunate I could live there. Modern buildings, in a quite area, in front of the mountains… it’s just perfect.

+1 You get what you pay for. Your expectations seem out of sync with the reality of your budget.

I’m only now realizing that he said 45,000 a MONTH. Yes, that won’t get you anything nice. Even Motel 6 back home costs more than that!

Next time, try Air B&B.

Well, he said he also tried to rent? not sure though, but if it’s so, you can get something really nice with that money.

Also perhaps some hotels can offer you good deals for that price if you stay for one or more months. I mean, that exists, isn’t it? :stuck_out_tongue:

No, he said 15K to 45K, that is $16 to $48 per day.

Where the fuck will you get decent accommodations for $16 per day in a big city?

Your numbers confuse me. I assume 16-48 is USD?

Even at that rate would be shit-tier accomodations. People who cant afford to travel should just stay home.

AirBNB has some perfectly fine accommodation in that price range.

Dude, where the heck did you stay? I am not going to say Taipei is beautiful and shiny, but I have had good service, clean rooms and quiet in inexpensive hotels or even hostels here. As for the noise, I live downtown and I can tell you that at times the silence is scary. Right now (5.30 am) the birds outside are way louder than anything else, barring the rare muffler-less scooter shooting by.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

I had the same experience in Taipei. But that was in 1989. Can’t imagine that places still are like that. Probably the cheapest still are. But there is so much competition, and potential to make money, that hotel owners have to do a better job to stay in business. And you can find those places elsewhere too. Chungking Mansion in Hong Kong comes to mind first. Not sure if they have improved over there, but I remember a few nights in a hell hole type room there back in the days.

Shouldn’t be ‘a silent place in Asia’, even the forests are noisy bloody toucans and monkeys at it again!

Has anyone mentioned good quality ear plugs?

That won’t cure the horrible smell and piss showers though.

Has anyone gotten the implication that this guy is trolling?

I’m pretty sure a good amount of us on here have never had this bad of an experience in Taipei. There’s gotta be a background story as to why OP is hatin’

Take the North east-west highway with a cooler of a couple of beers and some sandwiches. Stop anywhere in the mountains and enjoy your lunch in solitude. Maybe a car or 2 will pass but if it’s not a weekend nor a holiday - no sounds except the chatter of birds and the whisper of wind through the trees. just enjoy the scenery and solitude.
I’ll try to do this from memory and my “maps” on my cell phone.
After you spent most of a day cruising in solitude and enjoyed a perfect lunch, move on East. You will intersect with the Rift Valley hiway, more commonly know as Section3, Taiya Rd., I think that is hiway 7. Anyway its a T intersection. Now turn around and go back the way you came for about 200 yards and you will find a makeshift temple on your left. It used to be a house and garage but the house burned down years ago. There is a concrete drive on the left next to the temple. Turn down the drive and stay to the right. You will come to a walking bridge that motorcycles are ok to use. When you get off the bridge, follow the trail to the right. It will end next to an elevated 'CHANGE INTO YOUR Swimming suit platform(which is unused.
wALK DOWN THE TRAIL AND DOWNSTREAM ABOUT 2 HUNDRED FEET AND YOU HAVE FOUND A LITTLE KNOWN NATURAL HOTSPRING. nOBODY IS OVERY EXERCISED ABOUT SWIMMING GEAR AND ENJOY. yOU HAVE NEVER HAD THE SILENCE AND NUMBER OF STARS. aBSOLUTELY On (SEVERal OF MY BEST TIMES IN tAIWAN. mAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE DRINKS YOU NEED BECAUSE YOU WON’T FIND THEM NEAR.
aFTER YOU ARE WATTERLOGGED AND STILL CAN DRIVE, GO BACK DOWN TO THE INTERECTION ON THE rIFT vALLEY, TURN LEFT.
kEEP GOING FOR ABOUT 20 MINUTES AND YOU WILL COME TO tADONG. tHE FIRST PLACE YOU WILL SEE IS A REALLY GOOD TEAHOUSE NEAR THE HIGHWAY. tHEy HAVE CAMPMPING SITES FOR RENT, 400 AS i RECAL,L AND NICE ROOMS WITH FULL DINNER;
800 AS i RECALLO.
yOU ASKED FOR SOLITUDE AND IF YOU HAVE A SCOOTER, THIS IS THE TRIP. tAKE YOUR CAMERA.
eNJOY
Sorry about the cap thing but I am not going to correct it. You get the idea. You don’t have to stay in Daan Forest Park.