...a tie rack/hanger?

Many of the local Dong Xi 東西(miscellaneous stuff) stores have plastic tie rack/hangers that work well for very low price. They are flat, plastic and will hold about a dozen ties, with a large flat molded hook at the top that will hook around a nail or other hook that you affix to a wall or door. I have one on the inside of my closet door. Next time you are near a night market or local shopping node/area, look for the standard 'sells everthing" store.

[quote=“baaadrabbit”]Many of the local Dong Xi 東西(miscellaneous stuff) stores have plastic tie rack/hangers that work well for very low price. They are flat, plastic and will hold about a dozen ties, with a large flat molded hook at the top that will hook around a nail or other hook that you affix to a wall or door. I have one on the inside of my closet door. Next time you are near a night market or local shopping node/area, look for the standard 'sells everthing" store.[/quote]Thanks. I’ll look out for one of those.

This thread typifies all that is great about Forumosa for me. The useful, and the …errr… even more useful.

I now know exactly what kind of rack/hook setup I’m looking for. It needs space for at least 23 ties, around half of which will be cummerbund size. If I’m lucky I’ll find a red one with a piano keyboard pattern, to match the most fashionable of my future ties. And it needs to be suitable for mounting pretty high on the wall, so my future pet shark can’t jump out of the bath and take a nibble at my neckwear.

ANd don’t buy either a used flux capacitor or a shark laser flange from irishstu. To many forumosans have been burned already. Literally.

[quote=“Buttercup”]ANd don’t buy either a used flux capacitor or a shark laser flange from irishstu. To many forumosans have been burned already. Literally.[/quote]Well, one has to be a little wary of anyone who would go around investigating others’ underwear drawers.

Irishstu, are you saying that I won’t have access to laundry facilities over the next three years? Not to worry; as Ewan MacGregor says, there are at least 8 ways round to wear a pair of underpants, and then you can start with the first way again.

If you have the ubiquitous collapsable metal shelving (availabe at Carrefoure, B&Q, etc.) you can get an extention arm at B&Q. It has metal bubbles to separate whatever you are hanging. It is perfect for ties or to hang all of your unused wired computer accessories. Currently my ties and my wires are competing for space so it’s time to buy a second arm.

http://taipeiguide.blogspot.com/2007/04/b-hardware-stores.html