A tornado in Taiwan!

This just happened in Xindian, pity I didn’t see it

http://tw.nextmedia.com/rnews/article/SecID/105/art_id/30788/IssueID/20110512

Very interesting, thanks for the link! :slight_smile:

I heard no damage or serious injuries which is good. Thanks for the link though.
Any one know how often this actually happens in Taiwan…?

Certainly not common. Any injuries or damage reported? OH ok, someone answered.

I witnessed a Tornado in northern Taiwan about 9 years ago. It picked up a car and flipped it upside down on top of another car. I saw this with my own eyes. A very rare sight in Taiwan.

Saw it - it was classic tornado conditions. Rotating clouds preceded the tornado for at least a minute, but I couldn’'t get close as I was too far away and my view was pretty obscured by buildings. I went out to that area to catch the building thunderstorms - Ankeng and the area near BiTan and XinDian apparently have the highest concentration of thunderstorms in Taiwan.

Filmed it too :slight_smile:

Haha…well done!

Crazy.

I foresee cheap housing coming… Where was this again?

Video of the tornado:

[quote=“Kawa”]Filmed it too :slight_smile:

[/quote]

My god, it flipped your whole apartment on it’s side. The power.

[quote=“Mucha Man”][quote=“Kawa”]Filmed it too :slight_smile:

[/quote]

My god, it flipped your whole apartment on it’s side. The power.[/quote]
:roflmao:

[quote=“Mucha Man”][quote=“Kawa”]Filmed it too :slight_smile:

[/quote]

My god, it flipped your whole apartment on it’s side. The power.[/quote]

Hilarious. Of all the jokes about the flipped image I’ve heard today, that one was the funniest! :slight_smile:

yikes…i was near 101 around that time and the sky had that tornado green tint, but i thought…tornado? taiwan? nah

good to hear no one was hurt

First, I didn’t film it, it’s from a friend and I just uploaded it on Youtube. Second, I think he was (legitimately) too freaking scared to think about producing a Spielberg-class footage :laughing:

Blew me away when I saw it on TV. Shit - as if earthquakes and typhoons weren’t enough.

I think the video was flipped on its side for a horror effect. A tornado that reaches from the sky to the ground is scary. One that goes from the your vision to your periferal vision is horrifying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ml4vkQ-2Od0

Happened a couple days ago.

1 Like

Nature is beautiful and scary.