A western oven

Does anyone know where I can buy electric oven that is suitable for baking pizza or lasagna? I have searched in the department stores but they only sell the small ovens. I also went to the kitchen appliance shops but their prices are pretty expensive.

Thanks for the help.

Go to Kweiyang street near the river, lots of restaurant supply stores that sell even small size professional ovens.

I bought a portable electric oven that plugs into a regular outlet …note…this is not a very small, so-called, toaster oven but a larger one that sits on a countertop…at the Mami import food and equipment store up in the Shida market area just off Roosevelt Road somewhere. (not really hard to find…ask someone there). I can bake cookies init, or a small pzza, chicken, etc. It was was about 1800 NT as I recall. The owner is Michael and he might give you a discount, as he did me.

I had the similar one about a year ago. But I think it is too small and it was difficult to control the temperature, often the surface of pizza got burned while the bottom of pizza was unbaked. Btw, I am living in Kaohsiung. I was hoping to get it here without going to Taipei.

You should have told us that you live down in Kaoshiung.
Anyhow, you should be able to find an area in Kaoshiung where most of the restaurant appliance stores are concentrated. Most of the cities in Taiwan have these streets or areas.

Anyone know where I can get a good convection oven?

Funny you should post this, or maybe its the season for needing an oven.
Just today I found a nice selection at TESCO here in Tainan.
I plan on getting a TaTung for $1788NT tommorrow.
They have a wide selection of sizes and prices.

we got ours at tesco - although it was a gift last xmas ( i had looked at it before … longingly :wink: )

price was about 2 k NT, and fits the turkeys they are selling at costco. it said convection in english on the front sticker.

i’ll check the brand later, if you wanna know …

Someone was just selling one in the FS forum today:
forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?t=25772

Don’t know if it’s the size/power/color/whatever you want.

Don’t buy “Candy” brand - local product that doesn’t get hot enough for pizza. Some convection ovens need a 240 volt 15 amp supply to run.

Hi,
Do they Sell a Four Burner Electric Oven in Costco with
an oven below for baking, like a u.s. oven but smaller maybe.

Thanks ! ri

Rick

Go look in B&Q. They have three such oven/hob combos ranging in price from 40k to 50k or thereabouts.

HTH,

Alan

I shopped around for 1 as well and was surprised to find about 3 choices at B&Q in Neihu. Prices around 30k. Seemed the lowest price around.

Where can I buy a western oven. 4 top gas burners and a gas oven below. Like a kenmore/Maytag style and big enough to roast a turkey???

slightly OT but …

the majority of turkeys that you can buy here fit in the bigger kinds of ovens that go on a shelf.

Sogo.

The ovens at Sogo are nice, German and Italian made, they cost between 20,000 - 50,000NT.
Wish I had that kind of cash! Does anyone know of a place where you can find reasonably priced ovens? Any information would be much appreciated.
Peace, Mark

[quote=“Ma Ke”]The ovens at Sogo are nice, German and Italian made, they cost between 20,000 - 50,000NT.
Wish I had that kind of cash! Does anyone know of a place where you can find reasonably priced ovens? Any information would be much appreciated.
Peace, Mark[/quote]

Smaller electric ovens are cheap enough and do the job for most things. Lately I’ve been roasting whole chickens in a slow cooker. Very easy and the results are great.

I know everyone uses electric ovens, but I don’t want an electric oven. I would like to purchase a western style gas oven… Sogo and B&Q are outragously expensive. Any other ideas???

Sort of on this same topic, has anyone seen any apartments for rent (Taipei City and County area) that feature Western style kitchens with the larger, built-in ovens? I’m curious if such a thing is even found here.