ABC? CBC? TBC? or what

It’s just a loose term to categorize people. You’re thinking too hard. Again, “Chinese” here isn’t PRC, more like Chinese ethnic people. People also use ABTs, the two are pretty interchangeable and there’s not too much political insinuation in it, it’s just ABCs are just the more easily used and popular term.

I see your angle. And I know i’m making a mountain out of a mole-hill and “fighting a lost cause” so to speak. But I still personally object to such terms as ABC, ABT, CBC, BBC, etc because I think other terms are more accurate and appropriate. I consider myself CBC because I’m a China Born Chinese. Born on the Republic of China in Taiwan and holding an ROC passport. That’s all I can say I guess.

1 Like

You’re a Taiwan-born Chinese. If you think you’re mainland Chinese then pop over to the other side of the straits, easy enough to fix.

Yes, that’s accurate as well. Both are, as Taiwan’s official name is still the Republic of China. Until they change the constitution.

Fair enough point, we live in confusing times.

1 Like

BBC? Big black cock?

These are all colloquial terms, and as such, don’t place a lot of emphasis on accuracy. People use them because they’re convenient, and get your meaning across without a lot of fuss.

Technically it’s true. But I think you understand the usage of China instead of Taiwan feels like a political statement regardless and may rub people the wrong way.

Like this bread maker who decided to use Taiwan, China. Now apologizing and trying to salvage things.

Moderator, should this be combined with this other older thread? Too bad bismarck or jimipresley aren’t around anymore.

1 Like