ABC in Taiwan

I don’t know

That would probably be Idaho.

3 Likes

Why is this making me flinch?

I and She

I have never seen it written that way before when recalling a dialogue.

Would the correct form be me and her?

Maybe I am wrong. It just looks very odd and out of place to me.

Ohio has Devo. What’s round at the ends and high in the middle?

`

Crissie Hynde is from Akron too! Must be something in the potatoes…

1 Like

Why any ABC/ABT would want to teach English is beyond me, unless you are passionate about teaching English. Why not just stay in the states and live the plush ABC life?

The only thing that sucks about the USA (for ABCs) is if you want to date non-Asian women.

This is definitely not a problem in California (well, except for Silicon Valley, where it’s bad for all men).

OK then, go to California. For everywhere else…
https://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/race-attraction-2009-2014/

Most ABCs don’t live plush lives. They work harder than everyone and have it way tougher being the 2nd gen off their poor immigrant parents that worked their whole lives.

I should qualify: If you’re Taiwanese. Most Taiwanese kids’ parents came to the US for graduate school.

:roll:

Idk. I’ve never met any ABCs or Asian American kids that had any wealth being 2nd gen. Most are lower middle class at best middle class. The ones with wealth are honestly born in Taiwan and sent to study in the US and come back because their money is in Taiwan. In my experience Asians born in the US don’t usually have plush lives. They usually get pushed in school like crazy and work their butts off and maybe still not really do that well making bank being an average accountant or engineer. Maybe a doctor or lawyer at best with lots of debt. I’ve only known a few that really became extremely successful.

But where else are ABCs going to meet none Asian women besides not in Asia?

There is a ton of variation between different subethnic groups.

If you’re in the Bay Area or Jersey, just about every Taiwanese kid’s dad has a PhD. Of course, there are plenty of poor Asians in NYC and elsewhere, especially children of immigrants from SE Asia.

From what I’ve heard from other Asian men, AUS/NZ is the easiest, then Europe. Canada is slightly better than the US. I have plans to go abroad as soon as I get my work done.

I wouldn’t go to a country expecting women to be easier. If dating is hard in the US, I’m not sure if you’ll do better elsewhere. Europeans will straight out say racist things in many parts of Europe, especially men if they see you with women from their country. Unlike the US, being a racist isn’t made such a big deal in parts of Europe. I’m not sure where people get the Europeans are more tolerant vs Americans concept came from.

Imagine the outrage in America if the Olympic team did this like Spain’s Olympic basketball team. They all thought it was ok and don’t understand why it’s racist. image

Your own private potato Idaho?

I think you’re right. For sure, if you have no game at all in the US, going to Europe won’t fix your problems.

I wouldn’t think going abroad would do anything for me if I didn’t get at least modest results here.

Europe is much less PC than the US for sure, but I don’t think racial preferences in dating are racist. Australians straight up tell you they don’t like Asians buying up too much property in Sydney, yet I’ve been told it’s the easiest place for Asian men. Black men have told me that in the South, they are more desired even though interracial dating is still taboo in many places.

I can’t tell say how things are in AUS/NZ, never been. I personally think the US is a better situation vs Europe unless you speak the language of whatever European country you go to. In the US at least women speak English. Outside of well educated European in major cities, many don’t actually speak much English. I personally did have a much better experience dating European and Eastern European women vs American women though.

They do better than whites in every metric, from education to income (and in spite of the fact that affirmative action programs work against them). The only group in the U.S. that does better is Indian Americans (the kind from the subcontinent, of course). Not too shabby.

1 Like

Something like that.

2 Likes

Yes, I’m saying they don’t have plush lives like NC says. They don’t usually come from wealth. They work harder than their white counterparts from my experience. And often time excel from their parents social economic status.