ABC in Taiwan

English.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4SW_xMueXU

1 Like

Honestly I think is completely normal that a foreigner gets paid more. They leave their home country to come teach here. If you are like a Taiwanese you have a network here, you know the local language. Your personal experience is much eassier then if you are foreign. So it completely makes sense they would be paid more, from a logical point of view.

This is in the ABC thread. I think it might piss off some people. Maybe this would be better in that “white face” thread (or whatever it was).

I am going off from what the op has written. If you are chinese/taiwanese the pay is lower. If you teach chinese in the usa your experience will be the opposite. You will find it eassier to get a job. deal with it, it’s how the market works.

I am going off from what the op has written. If you are chinese/taiwanese the pay is lower. If you teach chinese in the usa your experience will be the opposite. You will find it eassier to get a job. deal with it, it’s how the market works.

This is true. Not just for if you want to learn Chinese but any Asian language. When I tried to learn Japanese my first professor was of Korean descent and surprise surprise most of the students actually spoke Japanese better than him.

Not to mention that in a lot of high-salary jobs, people of Chinese and Taiwanese descent are overrepresented by a long shot compared to their numbers in America.

Deleted