About time for a new word game, wouldn't you say?

READ THE RULES!!!

Rules

1. You may do ONE (and ONLY ONE) of the following each time:
    a) Add a letter
    b) Remove a letter
    c) Rearrange the letters
    d) Change one letter

2. QUOTE (ONLY) THE WORD YOU ARE BASING YOUR CHANGE ON (using the quote function, so we know WHO you are quoting). If by the time you post, someone else has beaten you to it, then tough luck, their change is considered the new word.

3. Make sure you understand rule 3 when choosing which post to reply to (i.e. you do not reply to a loser’s post).

4. Words must be commonly accepted as real words. Proper nouns will be allowed if considered common. Acronyms/abbreviations will also be accepted IF well known (i.e. not some bizarre organisation that no-one has heard of) and (if appropriate) should be capitalised accordingly to make this obvious.

5. Just for any test-tube REJECTS out there that require wasting my time to state the obvious… ENGLISH ONLY.

6. Cheating scum may receive time-outs.

7. DO NOT edit your answer once you have posted, as someone else may post in the meantime.

8. You may not make two or more answers in a row, be it in a single post or in more than one post.

Not a rule, but try your best to avoid repeating words that have already been mentioned, especially, like, two posts beforehand.

I may add more rules to this post if necessary, so please check it from time to time.

The first word is “game”.

Are there any rules?

mega

omega

Perilla frutescens (L.) Britton, aka “egoma”

[quote=“Dragonbones”]“egoma”[/quote]Smegma

I reckon you should be able to make more than one change, too hard otherwise, for me it is.

[quote=“Stu”]3. Make sure you understand rule 3[/quote]I wanted to quote this before you fix it.

Naw, it’s not hard. Look, egoma --> goma. Common word. Easy peasy.

Goa

It’s a place, and a type of music.

Goa

It’s a place, and a type of music.[/quote]

goal (as in football)

goal

foal

foam

foam

loam

roam

[quote=“mintzcandy”]roam[/quote]road