Absentee ballot info

Not sure if it’s been posted before or not, but it’s easier than ever for US citizens overseas to get an absentee ballot. You don’t need to bother with AIT. The info on their website is very limited. Here’s what you need to do:

1. Go to this site: fvap.gov/pubs/onlinefpca.html

2. Get the appropriate info for your state of residence (this usually means the last place you lived in the States). Print out the info for your state (this will help you fill in the ballot request form in a moment). Here is the link to the page with the requirements for each state:
    fvap.gov/pubs/vag/vagchapter3.html

3. Fill out the ballot request form (called the On-Line Version of the Federal Post Card Application (OFPCA)). Here’s a direct link to the form:
    fvap.gov/pubs/onlinefpca.pdf

There are two ways to fill out the form:

A.Using your keyboard, fill in the PDF form and print it out (remember to sign and date it). Remember that different states may have different requirements, so make sure you have the info for your state on hand.
OR
B.Print out the PDF form and fill out the whole thing by hand

1. Mail the form to your state SOON.

IMPORTANT: The ballot is sent to you by your state 30-45 days before the election. Plus it takes some weeks for your request form to be sent to your state and processed. So make sure to request your ballot VERY SOON.

The site with all the above info and more is a bit bulky. You can explore it on your own if you want. I’ve just tried to put the important info together in a concise and easy-to-follow manner. Here is the home page of the site:
fvap.gov/index.html

This election is too important to sit by and watch what happens. Everyone needs to exercise their right and duty to vote.

Or one could fly to Florida and do it in person… :wink:

BroonAbsenteeBallot

Of the Americans posting here, I’m curious how many will vote via absentee ballot and how many will take a trip to the States to vote.

Some went to the States just to register…The power of Forumosa.com.

BroonAle

I received my absentee ballot today. Unfortunately, in Oklahoma, the only choice is between Bush and Kerry. I wanted to vote Libertarian.

[quote]No, you can’t always get what you want
You can’t always get what you want
And if you try sometime you find
You get what you need.[/quote]

Bush is the next best candidate on that ballot to a libertarian… :wink:

[quote]No, you can’t always get what you want
And if you try sometime you find
You get what you need.[/quote]

Bush is the next best candidate on that ballot to a libertarian… :wink:[/quote]

I’m not convinced of that, and I doubt Libertarians are either.

“The scandal isn’t that so many Americans tried to avoid going to Vietnam; it’s that their government tried to send them there in the first place,” said Michael Dixon, Libertarian Party national chair. “The fact that Bush is sending troops to Iraq proves he hasn’t learned that lesson.”