ABT wanting clear steps to apply for a NWOHR passport

@analisa, your understanding is generally correct. However, staff members have some leeway in interpreting requirements in individual cases.
Do you speak Chinese? If you don’t, you’ll get better answers from TECO by writing emails. If your parents can write the emails in Chinese, that would be even better.
Some TECO offices can send off your passport back to you in 2 to 3 weeks.
Certificates from other TECO regions may need to be authenticated by the correct TECO first.
Include a FedEx envelope with a label that is prepaid and preprinted on the computer (not hand-written)
I definitely think you should use FedEx and not USPS for original documents. UPS has no guarantees right now. Their volume is too high due to shipping for Amazon. UPS lost my documents twice. USPS will have too high volume due to voting and is generally less reliable than FedEx. Also FedEx will do a better job of tracing and possibly finding your lost documents if necessary. FedEx specializes in important documents. You do not want to lose all those documents.
I would fill out the form, include scanned copies of everything and email it all to TECO first. Ask them if everything looks right. Ask them if they require the originals. TECO offices don’t want to lose your originals, and a lot of them prefer to look at scanned copies first.
In some cases you may need to provide photocopies of the front and back of your driver’s license.
Look at these links

1 Like