According to popular YouTube vlogger China's golden age is over for foreigners

Serpentza said he spent all his money and savings on the birth of his baby. USA health care is incredibly expensive, so not sure how that reflects on his income.

Sad to hear regardless.

2 Likes

He h?

he has annoyed me quite a bit in the past. especially the spy outfit. i guess hes on the upswing now.

Serpentza and C-Milk shine a light on China and expose the truth. Nocturnal plants and animals recoil when illuminated. Similarly, a few years ago, the Chinese-born valedictorian of U of Maryland told the truth in her speech about finding freedom and clean air in USA after leaving China. Chinese reacted with world wide outrage. Then there’s Anastasia Lin.

1 Like

Sepentza is all about “mainland China.”

Mainland China, vs. what China?

Why watch a 30 minute video, when it could be expounded in an article I could read in 3 minutes?

Is the future really about people who can’t write expounding on stuff for people who can’t read?

2 Likes

Articles don’t pay
YouTube does

2 Likes

You’re talking about a blog, or an online newspaper/magazine. Those things still exist, and nobody’s stopping anyone from reading them if they prefer.

But some people prefer to watch videos, and some reporters/content generators prefer to make them. Nobody is forcing you to watch them if they’re not to your taste. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

based of number of views of his videos, you can google for estimated idea what it’s worth in cash

Yea, and a video doesn’t need to true, accurate, real, useful… it only needs to get viewers to earn money.

In a take-down of PRC scripted online propaganda, Laowhy surveys Chinese social media and detects a common theme: “CHINA IS THE FUTURE.”

Guy

4 Likes

No his earlier videos he loved China and spoke well of it, the bashing came after years of living there and seeing things 1st hand, at first he reported merely what he saw, his opinion became a slow decline as more things happened. He said China was great in the earlier days but changed a lot over the years as it slowly became more controlled under Winnie.

3 Likes

My mistake I always thought it was $1 every 1000 views. I think a few years ago it was this. I checked again and in 2020 it can be $3, nice payouts indeed for serpentza.

1 Like

How much can I get paid for saying that on film?

Yes ! 2,000,000 views on videos made this month alone, at $3 or more per 1,000 thats NT$180,000+ this month plus views from past videos viewed now, should be a lot. Local Taiwan bloggers also make a lot.

I think English speaking youtubers still make a lot more money.

Taiwanese vloggers are making a lot. I know someone who started a channel and had to quit their job soon after. It makes sense as taiwanese are on their phones 24/7.

Just take a look at all the sad foreigners with youtube channels in taiwan. They all translate their videos to chinese if not speak chinese and make sure they suck up to taiwan in every second of their life.

2 Likes

Correct, but in my initial logic (when I thought 1000 views = $1) I also noticed these videos reaching 1M or 2M views are quite rare, most of them are 200k or 300k, but yeah with these numbers it’s still numbers if you get $600 to $900 per video.
You have to deduct the cost of boosting the views for some videos, I am sure he did that a lot in the past, like most youtubers did.

I will guess he gets US$5+ per 1,000 views being his videos are viewed by Americans thus higher paying ads (Taiwan companies pay much less) and videos tend be longer so more ads can be run per video, so 300,000 viewed one get US$1,500+, not bad if yor doing one every few days.

they pay a lot for sponsors though. and youtube demonitizes left and right. especially with what these guys are talking about.