Actor looking to make it

Hi there,
I’m a professional actor…could anyone out there maybe recommend a good agency, or agent for actors, especially in TV commercials…also, what advice if any would you give to an aspiring actor?
Thanks, and appreciated, James

[quote=“jamesmiller”]…also, what advice if any would you give to an aspiring actor?
Thanks, and appreciated, James[/quote]

live anywhere besides Taiwan

[quote=“jamesmiller”]Hi there,
I’m a professional actor…could anyone out there maybe recommend a good agency, or agent for actors, especially in TV commercials…also, what advice if any would you give to an aspiring actor?
Thanks, and appreciated, James[/quote]

Learn Mandarin and, even better, Taiwanese. Then you can go on all kinds of stupid shows and let the audiance, and indeed the nation, laugh at your silly foreigner babbelings.

Oh, you did mean “make it” as in “make a fool of yourself,” right? Maybe not. What exactly what were you wanting to make?

There are modeling opportunities, but not a lot of acting. Of course, you have to be in Taipei. I had some friends who made a couple commericals and they were hired throught the modeling agency they were working for. The commercials did not pay any better than the modeling and were much more rare than photo work. Everyone I knew who did modeling in Taiwan was approached by agents in Taipei. I was apporached about allowing my son to model, but he was very small and we never did it. Though modeling pays well, there is usually not enough steady work for any one person to live on it. Its supplimental income.

Good luck.