Adding fuel to the laowai fire - Ronald McDonald

I just heard that two Laowai stole a Ronald McDonald. Gonna be interesting to see if the Apple Daily can foment racial tension outta this one.

:popcorn:

[quote=“antarcticbeech”]I just heard that two Laowai stole a Ronald McDonald. Gonna be interesting to see if the Apple Daily can foment racial tension outta this one.

:popcorn:[/quote]

I just read that tidbit of news this morning too. They are being charged with theft. They did it because they are “anti-fast food activists”. Yeah, that’ll teach the general public from eating fast food when they want.
MORONS.

Uh-oh, here we go again. The Apple Daily headline:

麥當勞叔叔被綁架
Ronald McDonald Kidnapped
醉茫阿斗仔反速食
Sauced Adogahs Against Fast Food

Luckily it doesn’t seem to be getting much traction. Maybe because it happened in Pingdong?

Activists? Sounds to me like they were out for a beer trophy!

That Ronald McDonald will go well with the traffic cone and ‘Diversion Ahead’ sign I have in my living room.

Is the crime of theft enough to get deported? What were those morons thinking? Racism? But isn’t “Uncle McDonald” white?

I thought it was actually Ronald McDonald who was involved. Thank god–I can’t even imagine the media and social backlash from that.

FOREIGNER ON FOREIGNER VIOLENCE

[quote=“Dr. Milker”]Uh-oh, here we go again. The Apple Daily headline:

麥當勞叔叔被綁架
醉茫阿斗仔反速食

Luckily it doesn’t seem to be getting much traction. Maybe because it happened in Pingdong?[/quote]

What happens in Pingdong stays in Pingdong? :slight_smile: Stealing a Ronald McDonald? Haha, not a common crime i think. Bet those things are expensive though.

I am surprised they are not cemented into the ground. Wait was it the Ron statue stolen or what?

[quote=“Dr. Milker”]Uh-oh, here we go again. The Apple Daily headline:

麥當勞叔叔被綁架
醉茫阿斗仔反速食

Luckily it doesn’t seem to be getting much traction. Maybe because it happened in Pingdong?[/quote]

The people in Pingdong are furious…said no one.

They should have been more creative with the statue:

1 Like

On a brighter note, Ronald is back at Mickey D’s safe and sound, and dispensing free Happy Meals…

Flipside: Many years ago I was at a show at the Edinburgh Playhouse (perhaps Rocky Horror - can’t remember) and there were some big fibreglass Emperors Warrior replica figures in the unguarded foyer, I think promoting a travelling exhibition. I made a half-hearted, half-pissed attempt to motivate my party to knick one, but they told me, loudly, not to be an idiot.

Maybe too loudly, because a couple of them disappeared without trace. The PRC were apparently quite pissed off. Goodbye Hong Kong :blush:

Some idiot wrote about the story here @ the nitwitsblog on wordpress:

Stealing Uncle Ronald in Taiwan

From some stupid book called Nitwits, Nimrods & Nincompoops: Tales of befuddlingly Inane