Address change after getting admission from public kindergarten

Hello,

I have a question about qualifications for public kindergarten.

My 2-year young baby luckily got admission to public kindergarten in JiuZhang elementary school (which is in the Nangang district). The semester will start this September.

One worry & question is that we are moving to the near district (Xizhi) and I am not sure whether our move to Xizhi affects her status and even cancels her admission.

I don’t think it will (because she was already picked) but I need to clarify this issue before moving.

I googled and searched so many cases but there was no case like this. (Normally parents move into a certain district to get admission, not move out)

Is there anyone who has the same experience or advice?

Thank you!

You said she was already picked, but are you moving before the admission paperwork?
You’ll need proof of residency during the admission process and moving before that may cause problems, I don’t know.
I’ll suggest you to wait and move after the classes start, there’ll be no issue then.

1 Like

If the paperwork has all already been completed then you’re good to go however you need to be very, very sure! If you’re moving to a rental many landlords would be fine adding a note to your contract that although the contract has started your move in date is not until DDMMYY, just pick a date after school start that way you don’t have to change your ARC address and also won’t be fined for not changing it. If you have a local HuKou I’d suggest borrowing a friends address in the kindy catchment area until after school starts.

2 Likes

I’ve never really understood how this works. What are the tax implications (if any). If you register your kid in someone else’s household, won’t all of her school related mail get sent there? As far as government agencies are concerned, would they consider someone registered there as living there?

You just need the address long enough to complete registration, once that’s done the ARC can have any address.

There are, as far as I know, no tax implications involved with moving an address within Taiwan.

Guy

I think they are likely referring to the tax burden the landlord incurs.

1 Like

You’ve hit the Kindy jackpot. I’d advise against taking any risks.

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply. Actually, I was not sure what paperwork remained before the semester begins but my Taiwanese colleague asked a teacher in the kindergarten and she said there would be no problem (because registration was already completed). But she was not so sure about next year’s admission procedure.

Thank you for your reply. I checked again and there would be no problem after the paperwork was completed. Thank you!

1 Like

Usually, they don’t ask for prove of residency if the kid continues in the same school.
I don’t know if it’s because they don’t have to or because they don’t want to, but I have two kids in two different schools and they only asked for it in the year the kid joined their institutions.