Address for ARC

I’m planning to leave taiwan for one month. When I come back I will stay at a friend’s place for a couple of months meanwhile I look for a place.

I will not have an address basically. How can I do for communications for example from my bank?
Or from the government?

Is this a problem for the stay of 183days in taiwan to get APRC?

How can I deal with this?

I cannot make any contract with my friend or the landlord. I can just stay as a guest / friend.

at least for non-government places, you can go back to them, like a bank, and change the “contact info” they have on you without changing your ARC address.
It’s like 通訊地 . Change that to your friend’s place or get a post office box at local post office for like NT$300 a year. That’s even better, because you can always use that as communications address no matter where your ARC address is.

Also, most banks and telecoms (and probably others) have some “choice” to make of getting all communication through your email address. I have that for my 2 banks. Get online banking set up and add the bank’s App to your smartphone. Can do bank stuff anywhere, even outside Taiwan, of course

1 Like

How do we get a P.O. box address? Any links/info you can share? My Chinese is pretty bad so do you think I can manage doing this in English?

You walk into any post office and ask for it.
Bring a local friend. You gotta survive somehow on this island. If alone, someone at the post office will help you out. Don’t be shy.

1 Like

Well yes and what for goverment? How do you change address to them. I mean the one stated on the ARC.

You have to go to NIA with some kind of document with your new address, like power or gas bill, rental contract, etc.

Now, what I am worried about is the validity of your ARC. Are you here as a student? Or are you working? Please remember that your ARC becomes invalid the moment your reason for it is annulled. Say you do not attend class for a month or get fired. it dors not matter what is printed on the ARC. If it is no longer valid, you need a new reason to get back in the island if you leave the country.

1 Like

I have a Rep office so It’s kind of work. My arc becomes invalid i guess only if I stay less than 183days per year in taiwan. I’m not even sure about it. I cannot go to NIA because I’m already abroad for one month. My address is the old one, a place I no longer rent. How can I do it?

When you come back, go to NIA as soon as you have a semi permanent address and tell them you just moved in. That’s it.