Adjusting to lawful permanent resident status

My wife and I just landed in the US. She received her CR-1 immigrant visa from the AIT prior to leaving Taiwan. The customs officer in the US told us we would automatically receive my wife’s green card in 6 to 9 months but said that we were responsible for applying to adjust her residency status from conditional resident (CR) to permanent resident.

I have the following questions:

  1. The application calls for an “Immigrant Visa Number”. Is this the same as the “IV Case Number” on the immigrant visa affixed in the passport? If not, where do I find the correct number?

  2. The application process calls for biometrics, i.e. fingerprint scanning. My wife had her prints scanned at the AIT. Can that data be shared with the USCIS?

Thanks for any help,