Adobe Photoshop, Now Free for the Masses?

A stripped down, user-friendly version could be coming online.

Motley Fool

Great…now we can see more of these…

and

I got a virus warning when I opened the above link, just FYI.

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshopalbum/starter.html

And Adobe have announced that they’ll be announcing the release of CS3 on March 27, but it won’t be shipping then - still a couple of months to wait.

I think the CS3 trial is already available for download. I also heard that it has built-in ImageReady.

Photoshop has included ImageReady for as long as I can remember (and I can remember pretty far).

the kind of stench you generate would have serious consequences over a normal humans memory,you’ve obviously developed some type of immune system

as for PS,i don’t know how they even manage to get money from peoples,the stuff is so readily available online and for free…

A beta version is available, but you need CS2 (a legal version) to be able to get an activation number. If not, it’ll only work for 2 days.

I’ve been using paint.net for some time to modify my Sims 2 game objects and skins as well as some other pictures, some of which I’ve posted on here. I even “photoshopped” a sim picture to resemble a real photograph and well, dablindfrog’s dog butt into a piece of classical artwork. That was definitely free, the only catch being that you have to also install microsoft.net. I discovered it after I accidentally deleted ms paint. It seems just as powerful as photoshop.

getpaint.net/download.html

Photoshop has included ImageReady for as long as I can remember (and I can remember pretty far).[/quote]

Well, irony of all ironies. It seems that for CS3 ImageReady is getting replaced with Fireworks (previously of Macromedia fame), although a lot of ImageReady’s features will now be a part of Photoshop itself.

Some discussion about it here: photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=7244