Adorable cuddly new-born puppies for free!

Since forumosafieds.com still does not work for me and due to urgency, I post in this forum. I found another 4 puppies just by my appartment building. This time they are from stray dogs lingering in our community. I doubt that anybody owns any of them, and wanted to point them out to other animal lovers. They are freshly hatched and still being nursed by the mother. As we are leaving early next year, I don’t think I would be able to rescue any or them, but maybe anbody of you like to.

Dear all,

I was able to get three of them out of their hole and gather them into a corner for a nice photo shooting. I can get close-ups if wanted. There is one black puppy left, which was too far in to reach. So we have two black ones, and two brown ones. I should mention that those puppies are currently in the Linkou area. The parent are both probably one foot tall, and have fur that is not straight, but a bit wushelig.

A general question comes into mind. What else could one do to help those puppies or to help solving the Taiwan stray dog problem. Would it be ethical to put them to sleep before they start roaming around, being hard to catch and start multiplying and further increasing the dog problem? The thought crossed my mind, would I be able to do this, I am not sure…

Hmmm… There is a lot you can do to help those puppies. Unfortunately, it involves time and money. Let us know if you are interested in spending your time and money to help them. I’m sure a few of us have ample suggestions.

Would it be ethical to kill them? Considering they are on the street as a direct result of people’s negligence, how do you feel about it? Do you think it would be ethical?

Personally, I think you can find them homes. I would certainly try that first before considering killing them. That, again, will require some involvement.

Email me if you’d like and I can send you a list of resources to help you find them homes quicker.

Good on you for trying!

chris@atkaohsiung.org

[quote=“bobepine”]Hmmm… There is a lot you can do to help those puppies. Unfortunately, it involves time and money. Let us know if you are interested in spending your time and money to help them. I’m sure a few of us have ample suggestions.

Would it be ethical to kill them? Considering they are on the street as a direct result of people’s negligence, how do you feel about it? Do you think it would be ethical?

Personally, I think you can find them homes. I would certainly try that first before considering killing them. That, again, will require some involvement.

Email me if you’d like and I can send you a list of resources to help you find them homes quicker.

Good on you for trying!

chris@atkaohsiung.org[/quote]

Of course I would like to help them rather than getting rid of them. I guess otherwise I would have not posted their pictures here and went through other trouble that I have not mentioned yet. Anyway, as I am leaving soon, I don’t have much time to spend looking for homes for them but will certainly try.

The idea of killing them crossed my mind as I know other places with stray dogs problems, where there would not even be a discussion. Anyway, I am happy to help and I will certainly send you an email shortly.

[quote=“ratlung”]
Anyway, as I am leaving soon, I don’t have much time to spend looking for homes for them but will certainly try. [/quote]How much time do you have?

[quote=“RL”]The idea of killing them crossed my mind as I know other places with stray dogs problems, where there would not even be a discussion.[/quote]Oh I understand… For one I come from a little town where killing “trouble” pets and strays is never an issue. And for two, it’s a heartfelt thought to think of the life some animals endure on the street. The future isn’t bright for these puppies if no one helps them, is it. :frowning: [quote=“RL”]Anyway, I am happy to help and I will certainly send you an email shortly.[/quote]I sent you a list of resources just now. (If anyone else needs this list of tips and contacts, etc, PM me with your email address.)

For now, there are a few things you can do to help the pooches strive. The first one is to feed the mother. Make sure she always has water to drink. She needs the water to produce enough milk. She also needs nutrients/food. Feed the mother well if you can.

The pups look like they are big enough to be introduced to solid food. I would feed them just a little bit of food as often as possible. 4 to 6 times a day. 2-3 times if you haven’t got time for more. Even if it’s once per day. If you do so, monitor the stools. They should have firm stools. If not, it could be that they are getting used to solids in which case some medecine would be necessary. But it could also mean that the dogs have parasites, worms, etc. Most are easily cured for cheap, including the meds to help the pooch digest the food better.

Vaccinations would be good, but more pricy. Around 600 to 900 per puppy and they need it twice. First shots, and boosters one month later. Anything else you can think of to make the dogs confortable can help, too; blankets/towels, shade from the sun and cover from the rain, etc. Am I missing anything here? Anyone else want to add something I forgot?

Best of luck and let us know how things go. You can find a home for them. I’m sure! :notworthy:

Sometimes…it almost seems kinder to do that.

Please don’t. Killing them won’t solve the problem, and robs them of their right to fight to survive.

There’s five pups at the gym where I work out…what to do?
Feed them like Bobepine suggested, and the mum. Give them the best fighting chance they’ve got.

The other day…a nasty woman threw a chair at a teeny puppy with a broken leg…Grrrrrr…uhmmmm…he’s sleeping in the back right now with the others…not mine. Just …yeah…helping in the fight…