Advice needed on teaching in Thailand

I have completed my contract here and am moving to Bangkok any advice ? I have already looked at ajarn.com

No idea but do keep us posted. Always on the look out for a career change and damn Thailand would be nice.

HG

Use protection.

This site will explain everything you need to know about the main attraction of Thailand for 95% of the male English teachers currently working there

Oh, and don’t forget to keep up with the current installments of this blog from a current English teacher in Bangkok. It should give you some idea of the type of coworkers you’ll have.

Teaching in international schools or just English teaching in general? International School Bangkok (not “of” Bangkok) is a pretty good place to work at (or so I heard).

I have heard some good things about teaching in international schools as well. The woman I know that taught in Bangkok spoke very highly of the experience. I can imagine that after living in Hsinchu for a year she would miss it dearly.

[quote=“M.L.”]This site will explain everything you need to know about the main attraction of Thailand for 95% of the male English teachers currently working there

Oh, and don’t forget to keep up with the current installments of this blog from a current English teacher in Bangkok. It should give you some idea of the type of coworkers you’ll have.[/quote]

The same could be said about Taipei - though I’m just using forumosa as my guide.

I’m giving some serious thought to moving there either after the new year or in the summer. All depending on what kind of employment that can be had. I’m not an English teacher, so I doubt this is helpful to you in particular, but here is a list of sites I was given as a start to looking for work.

www.pacific2000.com
www.victorandyoung.com
www.rma.com.sg
www.emlbnb.com

Incorrect. Most teachers come here for the money, not the sex. Back home in America women are more sexually liberated and willing. Taiwan is far from being the sort of sleazy sexual paradise that Bangkok is, unless you’re into a) forking over several thousand NT in those grotty barberpole-brothels on every street corner, or b) taking your chances with VD and riding the village bicycle down at the Roxy. Most Taiwanese girls are traditional and conservative, at least in comparison to the women back home.

[quote=“M.L.”]
Most Taiwanese girls are traditional and conservative, at least in comparison to the women back home.[/quote]

Of course, the same should be said about most Thai women as well.

Probably. It’s that idiotic virgin/whore dichotomy so prevalent in traditional societies like this (traditional society = hypocritical about sex & misogynistic in its treatment of women; thank god for feminism and the 20th century).