Advice needed on TLI for one-one tuition

Hello,
I’d like some advice on 1-1 tuition at TLI. I am a graduate in Chinese and want to return to Taipei to practice my Mandarin and improve it. I am wanting to really get to grips again with Mandarin, and plan to study for 15-20 hours a week for about 5 months. What about the Pioneer Language Institute in Taipei - 6Fl., No. 200, Sec. 1, Heping E. Rd., Taipei, Taiwan 106, R.O.C.
Finally, how could I organise living with a like-minded family or flat-mate - Chinese speaking, naturally.
Xiexie ni de bangzhu, ah!

If you already have a fair level of Mandarin, just pick the a) cheapest or b) most geographically convenient language center, considering, of course, you visa requirements.

1-on-1 classes are the luck of the draw as far as faculty is concerned. Sometimes you can even set them up to have one teacher MWF and another TR, if you’re going 5 days a week.

Just my NT$0.66 (approx US$0.02)

Terry

I recall paying TLI about 6,000 a month for 6 hours a week of one-on-one classes last year. I can’t imagine that the price has changed much.

As for living with Chinese people, you could try finding roommates on www.tealit.com. But many people posting there are hoping for people to practice their English with.

I studied one on one for a short time at TLI. I was told before I started that if I didn’t like the teacher I just had to let them know and I could change. I think if you are studying one on one it is more important to find a teacher that suits you than what particular language school you go to. It might pay to shop around a bit in the beginning.