Advice on presentation of one's self

Yes I’m pumping you guys for every ounce I can!
I have found a good list of Taiwanese advertising agencies and am preparing a portfolio/self promotional mailer. I would like several pieces of info if you do not mind…

1)Here in the US, we are STRONGLY discouraged from including a photo of ourselves in our self promotion due to it being basically illegal. (If they found out I was white before hand and hired me it could be a basis for a discrimination lawsuit from a black interviewee. sp?) Is this similar to Taiwan business custom or opposite?

2)Is the internet (e-mail) a preferred way of receiving resumes in Taiwan? I would much rather send such information via snail mail but if that’s a sure way to get something “round filed”…

3)Do they have dsl or cable internet in Taiwan?
Approximatly how much per month is it for a personal account?

4)Know of any good brick oven style pizza places?

Yes, ADSL is available. The rate is about NT$1000 / month + installation fee (around 500 if you subscribe for two years, else 1500).

4)Know of any good brick oven style pizza places?

Cosi o Cosi on TunHua Road is nice. Someone recommended the Bellini’s on Fu-Shing N. Rd between Nanking E. and Chung Shan High School MRT station but haven’t tried it yet.

quote:
Originally posted by Anjinsan: 1)Here in the US, we are STRONGLY discouraged from including a photo of ourselves in our self promotion ... Is this similar to Taiwan business custom or opposite?

Normally they’d expect a photo. They are discriminatory here and proud of it.

quote[quote]2)Is the internet (e-mail) a preferred way of receiving resumes in Taiwan? I would much rather send such information via snail mail but if that's a sure way to get something "round filed"... [/quote]

Send it via email but make sure its in printable form.

quote:

They have dsl and cable here, don’t know how much it costs. Maybe around NT$1,000/month?

quote[quote]4)Know of any good brick oven style pizza places? [/quote]

See the pizza thread in the restaurant forum.