Advice on Taipei international schools?

is he in the high school?

I think so.

Maybe I misheard. I often don’t pay attention when people are telling me about their family.

I could be wrong as well

It’s weird that the school doesn’t list fees on its website. Do they think they’re going to do a sales job on anyone who calls them or visits them?

I think their fees are quite different depending on the programme. I can ask a friend who’s child is in 9th grade.

1 Like

A public school allows and welcomes students of all backgrounds to follow their own religions. Christian schools…Not really or grudgingly. Big difference.
For instance in a Christian school you will be punished for questioning the Christian doctrine.
I attended a Christian school for all my schooling and would rather my kids go to a non denominational public school if at all possible.

1 Like

Okay 310000 first semester, a little under 290000 thereafter.

1 Like

I don’t know what you consider a legit field, but TAS does have a baseball diamond. Apparently it was made two years ago.

However, I do have confirmation from some teachers that the team is not so good. The coaches apparently take good players and put them in a more competitive team which plays local teams.

1 Like

Yes. A diamond. The dimensions are smaller than little league fields. Even smaller now they made a tech building. It’s pretty much just an infield now.

Morrison is great

1 Like

Infields are 300 feet in little league?

I think for the LLWS, they use 300. But some are 200 feet in lower levels.

Yeah…my point is that the TAS baseball field isn’t basically an in field. If it’s not 300 feet, it’s very close.

It got even smaller as some of the outfield being used to make space for the new tech building. It’s pretty small, I was exaggerating that it’s only an infield. But it’s far too short for any serious play 13+ years old.

Guys, there is a whole huge new sports complex right next to the stadium. The school is not the only sports venue in the hood.

Tianmu Sports Park
111, Taipei City, Shilin District, Section 2, Zhongcheng Road, 七十七號
02 2873 6861#2100
https://maps.app.goo.gl/JoBKT5JhSfpChJHJ6

That’s good to know … and thank you @Andrew0409 @Mithrandir for the info on the school field . The young lad is a good pitcher and quite a 3rd baseman with a good arm as we were told by the coaches hence he’ll likely feel the difference when playing in a smaller field, so it really helps to have the info and manage the boy’s expectation . Are there good local teams for basketball, soccer, football, skiing etc ? He’s played in all those sports leagues but focused mainly on baseball and hockey today. Here at home, I believe in the U.S as well, kids try out for local rec leagues that’re open to everyone locally , and then there’re the elite leagues which are open to kids across the province to try out . But I guess the system in Taiwan is different ? school based rather than community based ? He’ll have to speak Chinese or be a member of a local school to play in a school team correct ?

for basketball, i believe so. Others not so much until he gets older in amateur adult leagues. Although there isn’t anything stopping him from playing with adults if he can play.

There are however many baseball fields. Near rivers and parks.

Awesome ! Thanks Andrew !

Hows your chinese? There are a lot of local amateur and pro-am baseball leagues. Top leagues will feature many former pros. He can theoretically play for them, i don’t think any of them have age restrictions if you can play. You can try to join them but they are mostly chinese speakers so you’d have to find a way to communicate with them.

My kids are much younger than yours, but I actually find the soccer teams better than I’ve heard. It isn’t as good as in Singapore, but much better than I had in the US. The coaches are great, but the administration and fields have been poor. The teams play at a pretty high level, especially for the ages at which I’m seeing, which is 8-year olds.