Advice on Taipei international schools?

Growing up in mainland China, Mandarin is my first language so communicating with them shouldn’t be a problem , I hope.

Cool ! will certainly check it out and require more details once we get to the registration stage. Thanks !

Hockey is going to be hard to maintain for your son. There is only one arena, but I know there are Peewee league-like ice hockey teams…but I don’t know if they’ll speak any English.

Yikes. Time to get him a Chinese language tutor !

There’s roller hockey though. That seems to be more popular.

There is an expat hockey team that plays once a week, but it might not be ideal for a young teen to play with 30-40 year old guys.

Um, my husband would be happy to know that …

Type up Taipei Gentlemen’s Hockey Club on Facebook.

1 Like

Oh…that could be really fun

will do ! thanks !

Taiwanese Christian schools are different, they’re open to all faiths.

…not what I heard, for instance that Morrison school sounds pretty hard core.

They’re not a Taiwanese Christian school, they’re American.

What is a Taiwanese Christian school exactly ?

e.g. kuei shan

Taiwanese christian (or catholic) schools: Blessed Imelda (Zhongshan), Daren (Neihu), Ginling (Sanchong), Wesley (Shilin), St. Ignatius (Sanchong)

Foreign christian schools: GCA, Kueishan, Morrison, Tapa etc.

The foreign ones are more vocal about christianity, some more (Morrison, GCA), some a little less (Kueishan). The Taiwanese ones keep religious advice optional.

1 Like

Families can now consider our new micro-school in Beitou, Acton Academy Taipei. We are student-led and part of a network of over 150 schools worldwide. Get in touch through our website to get a free copy of Courage to Grow, a book by co-founder Laura Sandefer that explains why and how Acton Academy turns learning upside down.

Check out:
Facebook: www.facebook.com/actonacademytaipei

1 Like

It looks like Acton goes to 5th or 6th grade. Is the plan to expand later, or would the kids transition to other schools later?

Yes, Acton Academy Taipei has plans to expand by adding a middle school studio for academic year 2021-2022. Are you looking for a middle school for your child? There are a few other experimental education groups or institutes in Taipei that might be of interest.

Thanks @SJennyW. No, a junior in high school.