Affordable housing in Taitung?

[quote=“Chewycorns”][quote=“irishmoe”][quote=“bobl”]You might like Taidong then.
It really is a laid back, nice place to live. There are lot’s of nice parks and natural areas to enjoy.

There is not much in the way of western shopping, but maybe will improve, as rumor has it Carrefour is planning to open here.

Teaching gigs might be hard to come by, but if part time is ok, you could get by. Wages might be a bit low to Taibei standards.

Tech jobs are next to impossible, unless you work at the Air base.

PM me if you have any questions.[/quote]

Cheers bobl I just wanted to hear some positive things :slight_smile:[/quote]

I’ve also heard there are some excellent human rights activists and internationalists amongst the local police force in Taidong. Personally, for some extra guanxi, you could always make some “Together, we’re better” rainbow-colored buttons. Take them into the police station and give them as a present to the dignified Peter Chen. Tell him you’d also like to get some of your friends together and hold a concert in his honor.[/quote]

Good news on the Peter Chen front. He is no longer a policeman.
He is now a civilian employee for the NIA.

We have had 3 people deported in the past 10 years that I am aware of. 2 were busted for teaching with fake degrees from Thailand, 1 was a musician that had a work permit as a translator for a music publishing company who failed to get a performence permit.

Number busted in kindies- 0
demos - 0
wrong branch - 0

I would say that it compares pretty well to other areas, were otherwise legal teachers are booted for stupid technicalities.