Ages and other things about potential partners

True, and thus the increasing Taiwan divorce rate. (This outlook may vary depending where your from, me as Japanese it seems high divorce rate, to others it may seem lower)

Me as a foreigner get a pass on a lot local preferences as you mention, but still try adapt as much as possible

1 Like

Iā€™ve (23) not had any trouble going down to 18 and up to mid thirties. But if it were a bell curve itā€™d probably be mid-late college girls or recent grads lol

It may be the fact that youā€™re younger, but it seems like Iā€™m getting mixed messages from people who have been there. Many of the other threads seem to indicate itā€™s easy to date, but some people are convinced that Taiwanese girls want to remain single. I really donā€™t think the divorce rate in Taiwain has any relation to a foreignerā€™s dating and marriage situation. There needs to be some more specific research into why the situation in Taiwan is the way it is. There are many countries in SEA as well as America now where people from the same country just donā€™t want to date each other, but people from other countries have no issues. Not to mention, the motivations for divorce are way different from the motivations for remaining single.

2 Likes

My wife and I have been through so much together at this point itā€™s like weā€™re one person. Itā€™s like Iā€™m possessed. Even if I wanted to dump her I wouldnā€™t know where one of us ends and the other begins.

11 Likes

True, but big age gaps are still possible here. Not super common, but not unheard of. Come to think of it, Iā€™ve seen a few even just looking at the very few German guys I knew in Taipei:

Biggest gap I knew was a cute 30yo with a 60+ boyfriend.

One late 20es ended up with a 50ish businessman, another early 30s with a 55ish guy.

The 18yo daughter of my bosses girlfriend was boinking my 30ish fugly coworker (actually already since she was 15 or so)

When I was 40 I met a nice girl through tinder, 24 I think she was. Only found out later that she was married (although broken up at that time) and believes to be possessed by ghosts. Too Bad, apart from that she was cool.

Generally, my tinder etc. matches were very often around 10 years younger. Without me actively seeking for that. Or without me being super attractive or anything (Forumosans that met me can confirm). Come to think of it, I think the only matches older than me were outside Taiwan.

7 Likes

in my early 40s , 20 years ago in taiwan i had no trouble getting tw ladies late twenties to 30s.
I think if i was single and back there, probably will still be with that age group (now that those same ladies are 40s to 50s )

thats awesome, my wife and i are one person too (with split personalities ) :slight_smile: she doesnt know what to do with me and i dont know what to do with her

1 Like

I donā€™t feel this way about my familiesā€¦ Feels like they know me better than I know them.

1 Like

Possessed by ghosts? Thatā€™s more baggage than I could go for

2 Likes

Extremely creepy.

1 Like

If they are consenting adults, and if they are happy, why would you want to police people like that?

Guy

3 Likes

I think he might be referring to this part

1 Like

I do not and will not condone illegal behavior, on this site or elsewhere. :slightly_smiling_face:

Guy

1 Like

He should quote the right part then.

2 Likes

Eh, they donā€™t weigh much. :dotted_line_face:

4 Likes

u must be doing it wrong, my inbox is half full of those mid-30 ladies :rofl: :rofl:

to be clear Iā€™m not really searching them out, I just donā€™t pay that much mind to the age most of the time

Thankfully my matches are mostly my age tho. Because 10 yr longer would be concerning.

Thatā€™s not the point. Being attracted to someone much younger is creepy by default.

1 Like

you may be wrong. as a teenager on a trip to oluanpi my classmate and i stayed one night at a small hotel in hengchun. And i swear i was awakened by a figure laying on top of me and soon as he saw i woke up he jumped up and dissappeared. ghosts can lay on top of you and there is definitely a weight.
and no, it wasnt my classmate who i woke up to tell him. he was on the other bed and the figure was a middle aged taiwanese man. gangster type figure. who promptly disappeared

i have more ghost stories i can share later

2 Likes

Ah, the old 鬼壓åŗŠ. Hereā€™s the scientific explanation.

5 Likes

i take it you dont believe in ghosts :slight_smile: