Ages and other things about potential partners

How old are you do you mind me asking? Taiwanese girls usually stick within certain age.

3 Likes

This is news to me. What’s their range? (Please don’t say under 35.)

I had much better luck on Tinder with older ladies. I don’t see young women with older foreigners. Taiwan is definitely not Thailand lady-wise

2 Likes

over 35% at 40 and growing, I will say more than 40% soon

This is very true, there are some date outside their age range but in general most people like others within their age. I think a trend is for women (3x+) to date more younger men.

In my office/ local friends you will hear gossip if couples have some age differences, you may get a break if you look younger though or look good. (I look younger so can get date or got out easier, but still can not hide your real age forever and I can see age matters to most)

CHINA: very different, still social pressure is high to marry before 30.

3 Likes

Given how relative these terms are, what do you consider “older ladies” as being?

yeah, if he is looking for younger lady other countries maybe a better choice

2 Likes

My Tinder settings were 24 to 38, barely any dates under 30 years old

How old were you at the time?

Let’s say 40

So the “older ladies” could be described as younger ladies! Haha

I imagine if I pushed higher I would have more luck, and a 60 year old guy would similarly have more options in their 50s than 40s. The point isn’t very difficult to grasp, is it?

1 Like

Makes complete sense.

1 Like

I’m 34.

1 Like

True, but China was a strange case as far as I was concerned, because I definitely had more luck there than in the US, this despite the growing number of young people giving up on life and the fact that there are way more men than women in China. Many Chinese girls still chased foreign guys. Might’ve been a novelty thing, but it was pretty clear that they wanted someone to look after them, and that something seemed to be missing among the Chinese suitors.

Taiwan is not China.

If you decide to relocate here, that would be something to learn, pronto.

Guy

3 Likes

Yep best not keep constantly talking about China in Taiwan, it really has very little relevance here. Not a whole lot in common with the societies at the moment really. There’s probably less Chinese here than most Western countries.

4 Likes

You took that way out of context, my guy. I obviously know that.

1 Like

I am well aware. You guys are not understanding.

Many Chinese girls still chased foreign guys. Might’ve been a novelty thing, but it was pretty clear that they wanted someone to look after them, and that something seemed to be missing among the Chinese suitors.
[/quote]

I think for Taiwanese women , a few like that but most prefer local man. If they feel not good suitor then I think most prefer be single, even after married divorce rates are high (compared to my Japan, Taiwan is much higher) as seems Taiwanese value the freedom of being single

I think it’s important to point out that stated preferences are not the same as behavior. It really boils down to individual preferences which are reflective of individual needs. If a foreign guy can fulfill the critical (perceived) needs of a taiwanese girl than she will choose him.

It’s true that stated preferences for taiwanese men would present a stumbling block as far as meeting/engaging with taiwanese women especially in a romantic context, but it’s far from impossible.

Basically, people change their mind depending on what they want/need from a partner but they aren’t always aware when or why.

Of course this is also true for men

3 Likes