Ahh! I hate scooters!

Everyday and night I hear those mini jumbo jets flying around and it sounds like freight trains passing by every 2 seconds! And why do people seem to make those little bugger louder like they think its cool when their ride sounds like a 747… Dont they have regulations about motorcycle noise or its just one of those regs thats there but no one enforces it? I swear even those Indy 500’s are quieter… And sometimes I wonder do people in Taipei stay up all night? I hear those scooters roaring even past 1 am!

Taipei is very much a city of night. You’ll get used to the noise, and soon enough will probably even join the scooter masses when you get sick of transit.

I dont know but sometimes I wish guns were allowed in Taiwan… cause sometimes Im tempted to shut those scooters up with a 12 gauge…

I don’t know but sometimes I wish guns were allowed in Taiwan… cause sometimes I’m tempted to shut those scooters up with a 12 gauge…[/quote]

Of course you feel that way. Vehicular traffic is an assault on your comfort, health and saftey. I would advise against taking any but the most restrained of actions on those feelings however.

I’m with you, rahimiiii. Every morning and night, my attempt at a peaceful walk with my dog is ruined by sccoters zooming by, often causing us to jump out of the way. Until Taipei has a complete ban on scooters (which will likely never happen), this city will remain a chaotic mess.

Just think about how the 1am scooter riders probably just finished getting lucky and feel happy for them.

[quote=“rahimiiii”]Dont they have regulations about motorcycle noise or its just one of those regs thats there but no one enforces it?[/quote]The regulations on motorbike noise are enforced sometimes, perhaps increasingly frequently.

But in the meantime I recommend wearing silicone mouldable earplugs, available at swimgear shops. (NOT the ones that look like little mushrooms; I mean the ones that look as if they’re made of wax and which you can mould into shape).

I saw some hot pink speedos with lightning bolts on them at Shing Kong.

edit: why did you delete the post previous to mine. Now mine makes no sense. I’m giving good fashion advice here.

Wasn’t there a thread recently about how stupid the police were to be fining bikes with modified pipes?