Ain’t no sunshine?

Hahaha what a welcome

1 Like

Forumosa can be like that.

Guy

Haha no worries. In my mind we managed to get in just before any Omicron repercussions, so it’s a positive thing, but we’ll see!

2 Likes

Can be like what? I’m just letting him know what to expect instead of pretending everything is sunshine here. Just wait.

3 Likes

Summer was shit, would have hated to land in before that !

Hey last summer could have been worse.

We learned in some detail how Alpha can spread quickly through the community.

We also saw, amazingly, that this outbreak could eventually be contained.

Guy

2 Likes

Alpha could be contained. Omicron is many times more transmissible. It won’t be able to be contained unless we adopt early 2020 Wuhan seal-people-alive-in-apartments restrictions. Anyway… going off topic now.

1 Like

Alexa always tells you the amount of rainfall. Not sure where she pulls the info from.

Not only could it be contained; it actually was contained.

And remember the Delta breach involving Peru grandma in Pingtung? That was contained too.

Our lives now here in Taiwan would be immeasurably different if these incredible acts (relentless contact tracing, isolation, testing, etc) didn’t happen.

Agree that when (not if) Omicron enters the community, we’ll be in a new phase. Hope we have enough data from around the world by then to handle this effectively . . .

In the meantime, to all: enjoy your Saturday! :grin:

Guy

2 Likes

It could have been a lot better too… somewhere else.
Anyway I can’t go through that again.

Beaches, mountains, gyms, restaurants, cinemas, schools and campuses …Basically everything was closed and cancelled and masks on all the time . 30C plus 90% humidity.

Hard to be worse in terms of livability . And it went on for what… six months ? That’s no joke. Not losing another six months like that …No way.

2 Likes

Just get the app from the Taiwanese weather bureau.

2 Likes

Great weather today again.

1 Like

Alexa ass?