Ain’t no sunshine?

So this is the forecast in Taipei…is all of winter like this here?

2 Likes

Typical Taiwan Weather - as discussed in this well used thread.

7 Likes

Where were you the last 3 days?

4 Likes

Haha, just arrived!

1 Like

The iOS weather app is often a bit misleading: It shows “rain” even if just light rain for one hour of rain (maybe in the night) on that day. So it probably won’t rain the entire day all the time even if it looks like that on the app.

5 Likes
7 Likes

Now, that is bad timing.

Presumably you’re in quarantine so the weather won’t matter for now.

1 Like

Yes, just in time for the inevitable post-CNY Omicron lockdown.

2 Likes

Yesterday was stunning weather. Just glorious.

1 Like

God I love that song. :heart_eyes:

(I was literally about to post it)

2 Likes

Too hot. I like today better. And the air is much cleaner today.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Guy

1 Like

It gets worse soon.

Green where I live.

Slipped into yellow now. This morning it was fine.

In Taipei, seems to be. Sunny on the west coast.
But yeah, get Weather Underground or some other app that actually shows rainfall amounts. It’ll still be cloudy every day, but at least you’ll know how much actual rain there will be. Usually it’s close to zero.

1 Like

Yes. We can easily go with no sunshine, only rain, for a month…at least. That’s normal Taipei winter weather.

Welcome.

3 Likes

Haha, thanks everyone, just curious. Yes, we’re in quarantine for now, so it doesn’t matter except that there’s not much sunlight from the window, which makes it hard to stay awake during the day.

And I’ll look into other weather apps. Since Apple bought Dark Sky the hyper-local rain prediction has been pretty good in the US, but I don’t see that feature here.

Only two I know of that show amount of rain are WU mentioned before and Windy, which a lot of people here recommend.

Temperature varies a lot. Its cool in taipei, but hot in the south. Tomorrow may be different… i have been sunburnt for over and week and my skin is peeling now. The only constant is that pollution is always bad in taiaan. Which is amazing given the great geography we have and high wind/rain concentrations…which should concern us as far as our production of pollution goes.

:astonished:

1 Like