Air conditioning splash shield / drip cushion / splash guard?

Do things like this exist in Taiwan? We’ve got a new air conditioner (yay!), but now we’re getting a constant drip drip drip percussion effect on it from at least one of the air conditioners on the six floors above us (and I guess we’re probably adding to the problems of those below us). The noise is annoying - plus it’s splashing so much that we can’t open the window that’s beside the a/c unit. I’m also worried the splashing is getting into wall.

So I’m looking for something to put on top of the air conditioning unit - the drip cushion linked to above is foam with a magnetic back. Is there anything similar for sale here, and if so, where? Or what are other suggestions for dealing with annoying drip noises and splashes on air conditioning units?

Thanks in advance!

Image from Amazon below, although who knows if the link will last:

That will cause the unit to corrode more quickly as well. People are supposed to make sure they have piping set up to avoid this; it’s trivial to do so.

Yes, corrosion is also a concern. But on piping: we’re the seventh floor of a 13-floor building, so it’s going to be a lot easier to address the problem at our end than it is to deal with neighbors in six different apartments. This kind of dripping on air conditioning is pretty routine, isn’t it?

Assume at 13 floors that there is some sort of management committee in place, go and talk to whoever is in charge and have them sort out the floors above. The dripping will damage your new aircon eventually. You can buy a “roof” cover for your aircon to protect it from the drips however it probably will amplify the noise.

Get a door mate, put it on top of the aircon. It will be blown away when a typhoon hits. Then just get a new one.

I assume I should parse this as “get a doormat”, rather than “get a door, mate”, but I’m amused by the idea and possible consequences of sticking a door on top of the unit - especially the idea of not being concerned when a heavy object just falls off my building.

Thanks for the tip, and sticking some kind of absorbent towel or doormat or whatever is on the list of options. But the “magnetic absorbent doormat” on Amazon looks a bit more suitable. (Even if any kind of towel or foam or whatever does seem a likely breeding ground for whatever the next disease scare is going to be.)

I assume I should parse this as “get a doormat”, rather than “get a door, mate”, but I’m amused by the idea and possible consequences of sticking a door on top of the unit - especially the idea of not being concerned when a heavy object just falls off my building.

Thanks for the tip, and sticking some kind of absorbent towel or doormat or whatever is on the list of options. But the “magnetic absorbent doormat” on Amazon looks a bit more suitable. (Even if any kind of towel or foam or whatever does seem a likely breeding ground for whatever the next disease scare is going to be.)[/quote]

Thank you for fixing my doormat. As an added feature for an improved doormat you can buy self-adhesive magnetic strips at the stationary store. Stick those on the bottom of your mat and it will hold pretty well.