Air conditioning unit for large home

I’m currently in a 32 ping home and had to install my own A/c 8 years ago. I bought 4 Kolin split units. 3 for bedrooms and a large one for the living room. Not cheap, about 95,000 NT installed.
We are now moving to her deceased mother’s house of 82 ping. I know my system will be expensive to move and install plus, I will have to expand the sytem and I am not all that pleased with Kolin. I am thinking of opting to abandon or trying to sell my current units and just getting new stuff for the new home. Her mom has one decrepit, though large, window A/C/ in the living room. She was cheap but a hell of a nice woman. Anyway? What about Trane? I am thinking that 1 compressor on the roof that runs on multiple stages that depends on how many blowers are on in the rooms below may be the answer. Certainly some of you have been faced installing a/c in a big house. I am really open to suggestions. The only reason I mention Trane is that they seem to have a good international reputation and an office I worked in several years ago had such a split system. I am also worried about my electricity bills. Currently they are about 8-10k NT for July/August. I do’t need higher. BTW, we are pretty frugal about turning a/c off when we leave the room for a prolonged period of time. I finally got my wife to understand that she cant leave the kitchen doors and windows open with a/c on in the living room. Now if I could just get her to turn off the damned un-needed lights and close the rooms that have a/c on, I know I would save money
Back on topic, re-educating wife is . . . . a topic of another species.
How about a LARGE split system Trane, or other company, that could fulfill our needs. We will be moving to near Bali.
Sugestions, I know, get rid of wife and all that other crap but I’m serious about this.
EDIT: BTW, we will be on the 4th floor of a 16 unit housing building. We will take one whole floor on the 3rd and the family owns and lives in the whole building. Thus, mounting a condenser on the roof and running lines to the 3rd floor, shouldn’t be a problem.

I don’t have any experience installing air conditioners in Taiwan, but I have some from before I moved here. We installed Tranes at the company I worked at then, albeit where I am from we almost exclusively use central air (split system with one central heat exchanger hooked up to each room via duct work,) and when we did install Eastern style systems it was always an Asian brand. In fact we referred to the type of systems we use here in Taiwan simply as “Sanyo systems.”

Back to your question… I can tell you back then (2003-2005) Trane made very good equipment and they had good warranties. They are probably still good today, but IMHO I would think that local brands are better suited to the HVAC style here and you would probably get better warranty service too. I have never seen a Trane in Taiwan, but I live in the south, maybe they are more common in Taipei.

How many interior units are you planning on? I have zero experience with zones, but it would seem to me that at some point you would be better off having multiple outdoor units. I can’t see an outdoor unit that is designed to handle four zones being very efficient if, for example, you are only using the A/C in one room at some point in the day. I did a little bit of quick research and seems that many multiple zone outdoor units can operate at something like 55/100% power, while a few others (Daikin) can match to whatever load is needed. :2cents:

I’ve seen a Trane installed somewhere in Danshui, also they have an office somewhere near Shilin MRT station (you can see it from the MRT platform).

1 humongous living room (probably 2 zones), Western style kitchen and dining room (1 zone) 3 bedrooms (3 zones so I guess we are looking at least 6 zones. My current system is set up for 4 zones so I know we will need to expand the system if we move it. I am also thinking of multiple compressors mounted on the roof. We use both bedrooms because her nephew lives with us, the living room is in near constant use so “zoning” the compressors probably wont help much as at least 2 of them will be on at any given time except late night, early morning when it will drop to just one compressor that handles both used bedrooms. Thus, if I do zoning, it would seem the 1 compressor can handle the bedrooms (2 zones), 1 two zone unit for the living room and 1 two zone unit for the kitchen/dining area.
Thanks for you answers. I know Trane is present here and have seen there work. Actually, the Kolin units have been pretty good except for ease of cleaning. You have to be mechanical wizard to remove and replace the filters.