Air pollution levels in Taiwan - grim reading

Line messenger offers special line accounts for businesses for their news, events and coupons. Everyone actually can make a free developer account that is limited to 50 followers.

I use LINE API to send messages to our family group.
A simple script on my server checks the current pollution in our area (Loading...) and if the value is high it will post an image-message in our group.

1 Like

Another shitty air day in Taipei, plenty of people wearing masks.

Gain will tell us itā€™s okay because itā€™s ā€˜yellowā€™ (moderate) and he can see Taipei all the way from London haha.

1 Like

I can smell it before I even look at the app. Sulfuryā€¦

Do people wear proper masks in Taipei? I mostly just see surgical masks where I live. :disappointed:

Why has the north been getting BTFO so bad lately? The south has been relativity decent in comparison.

If itā€™s yellow itā€™s fine.

1 Like

Yes fine particle pollution .
Smells like coal outside now.

If itā€™s brown, get out of town.
If itā€™s yellow, just be mellow.

Thatā€™s my motto. Right, @Gain ?

The burning of paper has started. Iā€™m curious to see what the aqi will be within a couple hours.

Screenshot_20190815-141334_Air%20Quality

Going up.

Screenshot_20190815-143914_Air%20Quality

Got like 5 fires going around my buildingā€¦wish they could at least coordinate their efforts.

1 Like

What kills you, will give you money on the after-lifeā€¦

Rain has been forecasted for Taipei today and also the next few days. Will hopefully make things a little bit more bearable.

If you canā€™t beat them join them?

Anyone keen for a massive wai guo ren ghost money burn off?

2 Likes

The tables are not big enough for every thing that wai guo ren ghost would want in the afterlife.

And fruit is not one of them.

Oh yes please. Iā€™ll start welding the biggest muthafuckin barrel this island has ever seen, stuff it with tons of ghost money and burn it outside Tsaiā€™s window. Cover her place in ashes

Itā€™ll be monumental. We wonā€™t stop until at least 10 kids get their eyes burnt out. Hopefully the wind blows hard that day

3 Likes

Weā€™ll be raising awareness. Either that or razing a neighbouring building to the groundā€¦

How convenient. You can see and smell and feel the ash in the air but the data says itā€™s one of the best days of the year.

Screenshot_20190815-152223_Air%20Quality

can smell the burnt ghost dosh from my window!

Edit: now i can smell it from the couch. lovely.

Exposure to especially ground level ozone like smoking a pack a day. Glad I live by a mountain, not next to a main road, and outside of Taipei.

2 Likes

Air pollution levels in Taiwan - beautiful readings (after a typhoon)

The lone yellow reading is inā€¦ Sanchong.

5 Likes