Air pollution levels in Taiwan - grim reading

I would move to the east coast but there is one problem.
The earthquakes there are more heavier and that side
is an easy target for tsunamis.

Has Taiwan ever had a Tsunami - or a bad one?
I seem to remember asking in 2011 after the Japanese big one and there had not been a bad one in Taiwan?

The Tsunami that happened in 2011, there was no way it could have happened
here because the waves from the underwater quake were not strong enough to hit Taiwan, given the distance of the epicenter.

Current pollution in Kaohsiung

2 Likes

It only looks like that in the first picture because it was taken in the morning where it’s foggy.

Lol!

1 Like

What? I am serious. AQI 150 does not look like that.

This is more accurate.

But I know you won’t believe it. People always have a problem with facts.

Currently 157.

#facts

And? It would look more like the picture I posted.

Besides it’s all China’s fault.

That still looks really bad. It is quite a typical day in Kaohsiung or Taichung on a sunny Winters day…After a few days with no rain.

That photo shows it’s partially China’s fault for sure. But a good part is coming from Taiwan’s own industrial zones.

Well, I just asked my lungs if they’d feel better knowing the lung cancer was China’s fault and not Taiwan’s. They replied “NO”.

2 Likes

Some people’s stubbornness is hilarious. And strange too.

You mean yours?

Exactly. I’m famous in this forum for being stubborn.

Last year Tainan and Kaohsiung had zero AQI red readings days in winter because China had no industrial activity in the beginning of the year. Just saying.

kaohsiung cam real time

https://cctv2.kctmc.nat.gov.tw/axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi?camera=12
2 Likes

Weird and ugly day for air pollution in Danshui. AQI over 100 earlier this morning, but it actually didn’t look that bad; now it’s at 93, but it looks and smells awful.

Sigh. Saw the weather forecast and was looking forward to a bike ride today. Didn’t check the pollution forecast - which is rather poor for the week ahead as well.

Yesterday it was hazy and today not much better (maybe worse?). Maybe some rain is good after all.