Air pollution levels in Taiwan - grim reading

Wrong.

Clearly you are fighting this fight alone.

Can you please provide me evidence to support your position so I can understand you better.

1 Like

Taichung City Environmental Protection Bureau said the power plant will be fined NT$5 million (US$180,449) for environmental pollution caused by the thick billowing smoke from the fire.

:circus_tent: :sideeye:

The article is about air pollution

Because TaiPower always tells the truth.

Air pollution in the Taipei area is most certainly not so grim these days. OK, could be better at some spots near the center, but in Danshui - wow. Pretty much as clear as it can get.

Now if only there were less light pollution and better stargazing …

Screenshot from Air Pollution in Tamsui: Real-time Air Quality Index Visual Map, right now.

1 Like

and we are back! like a clock. Dense white in Taipei

3 Likes

Yes the air has been grim lately.

Here’s one reason why:

Guy

Holy day today too, the ancestors are happy, I was almost choking out there!

3 Likes

I have often wondered what sort of “ancestors” would want their descendants choking on particles on the sidewalk. It seems they are either they are complete a-holes OR we have seriously misunderstood their hopes and desires. :neutral_face:

Guy

8 Likes

I almost called 1999 on the neighbors for all the effing smoke. Been running my air purifier on full blast all day and the room still smells like smoke…

It’s back … graph for Danshui right now. 137.

2 Likes

Crap air again.

That does not . . . look good.

Guy

1 Like

Yup. Not as bad as the theoretical Chinese invasion that’s been in the news lately, but still very much an unwelcome incursion.

2 Likes

This winter so far hasn’t been too bad until yesterday. Looks like when China’s not burning shit air quality improves for everyone.

1 Like

Well, they don’t have as much coal to burn this year. :grin:

1 Like

Straight out of Beijing …

2 Likes

2 Likes

I guess this means we should burn more coal to improve the air quality then. :rofl:

3 Likes