✈ Air Travel | Pay More So Fat Person Gets Extra Seat? Survey

But then the fat guy will have to —gasp— admit he’s fat!

Can’t have that.

3 Likes

Well I will tell him/them, as I will not a sit next a person like this who flew to Taiwan (200kg/440pounds)

Not every obese flier is a filthy pig of a man.

I think this might be a good idea, but families or traveling companions might have a plus sized member. And it kind of sucks to sit apart from family or traveling companions.

Also, the emphasis should be large people and not specifically fat people. Some body builders get really huge.

As an airline, basing prices by weight can actually make sense. More weight equals more fuel used.

I’m tired of obese people complaining about the seats and pouring into my seats. This is pretty much why I refuse to fly economy now. As a tall man, I struggle enough and this is not my choice. Having another obese person take my space and waking off the plane with knee and back pain is not worth it.

5 Likes

Things should stay as they are. Fat people can purchase an extra seat and they don’t pay the taxes/fees of the extra seat. Only the fare. It’s fair.

Airlines sell seats so if you need 2, buy 2.

3 Likes

What are your rights if the person next to you is so big that he infringes on your seat space like that? You pay for the full seat not part of it, right? I would be furious, especially on a long-haul flight.

2 Likes

she’s quite possibly getting off on it, and he has a MILF fetish. so they’re both happy.

or she’s his wife. either way.

You’d be furious inside, but you’d do nothing to that guy. Haha.

By the way, that guy is like a three time worlds strongest man, Brian Shaw and that’s his wife I think. I remember hearing this photo was posed while he was on his way to first class. Can’t be bothered to confirm. Sorry fact-checkers.

3 Likes

They get themselves on the plane. Somebody has to lift your wife’s essentials up and put it on.

Hmm, lots of these “plus-size people” need lots of help, sure costs more time and effort for many of them that the mostly automated bag process needs.

Although I think people who have time and money to buy lots of shit shouldnt be complaining about having to pay to transport it. If the airlines didnt charge, people would abuse the system to bring all kids of shit back for resale, not just the current “dai gou” system for luxury goods.

And fat people who I am sure eat way more than I do, I’m medium height and weight, could eat 10-20% less for a couple months and either be able to afford a second seat or maybe not need it. Either way, a win-win except for the restaurants and snack companies.

But, being fat is a disease. I can’t control it. it’s my genes. i’m just big-boned.

anyway, i’m NOT fat.

pass the mac and cheese, Johnnie! I feel like a fourth plate would go down real nice!

3 Likes

The thing is the airline ticket is per seat. If they’re sitting with family or traveling companions who don’t mind them spilling over in their seats, fine. But they shouldn’t feel entitled to a second seat unless they paid for it.

4 Likes

It’s not the same experience either, especially if we’re on the same tourist bus later. All my pictures will have a fat lady in a muumuu in them. :runaway:

3 Likes

Could make a good ergonomic armrest.

2 Likes

As we pay for baggage depending on weight it’s only fair to pay for tickets depending on weight. And people over xxx kg should be forced to buy two tickets in economy or premium economy.

It’s just ridiculous otherwise and discrimination of women who on average are smaller and lighter. Not to mention kids.

And yeah just make it common procedure that before boarding everyone has to step on a scale including all his unchecked baggage.

Has any commercial plane gone down due to being overloaded?

The pricing should just be variable. You pay for space and weight. Combined price made from baggage, cabin baggage, weight and space.

Basically since quite a few years passenger planes always fill up empty baggage space with commercial freight. So weight does matter, as does space.

And yeah some airports started to weigh planes before departure or on arrival as airport fees depend on weight and some airlines got known for understating weight (mainly by calculating a too low weight per passenger).

O don’t see why I should support all those overweight fat*sses with my ticket.

1 Like

they have for weight and balance. not sure just weight.

1 Like

Oh and Yeah that woman claiming to be 130lbs should just be forbidden from flying after her outright lie!