Airline-Approved Pet Crates

Hi,

Sorry if this is just information I’m missing, but I’m wondering if anyone can tell me where the best place to purchase airline-approved dog crates might be (I’m in the San Chong/Taipei area). I recently adopted a rescue dog, and I plan on taking him back to the US with me in August. I’ve been to numerous pet stores, and all I’ve found are little carriers and crates for small dogs. Mine is going to be medium or large in size (he’s only four months old and he’s already 10 kilos). I also read online that sometimes the airline can sell or rent one to you…does anyone know if this is true, and if so, how much? I’ve only been able to get vague information from United Airlines’ website. If it’s cheaper, that would probably more ideal as I don’t plan on the dog being an international jet-setter after I return home.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

Doggy House, on JiuZtong Rd, just down from Costco. They have all the sizes.

Don’t count on the airlines to provide you with a crate of any sort. Especially with United. United will actually have you sign a form releasing them from any responsible for the pet. Although they will provide great service to you and your pet.

[quote=“superradash”]Hi,

I also read online that sometimes the airline can sell or rent one to you…does anyone know if this is true, and if so, how much? I’ve only been able to get vague information from United Airlines’ website. If it’s cheaper, that would probably more ideal as I don’t plan on the dog being an international jet-setter after I return home…[/quote]

A good friend rented from an airline several years ago, so I am not sure if this informations is still relevant. She said the price was comparable but the design was better than those to those in stores. She said they were designed to have a larger floor than a roof, so there was more room for her dogs to lie.