✈ Airlines | British Airways

Train strikes on again this week too, just in time for millions traveling during the bank holiday weekend, as the train drivers aren’t happy with the government offering them a pay rise that only puts them in the top 10% of earners in the country. Not enough it seems.

Then there’s the NHS, the “best health service in the world” said by people who’ve never lived anywhere else.

2 Likes

Practice and single-minded dedication.

1 Like

I’ve just got back from six weeks in the yook and I think it’s great. Public transport needs working on and I didn’t like all the cashless stuff, but overall I liked it.

man, that’s the best thing ever in UK, withdrew 50 quid 2 yrs ago, still having 30 quid after 2 trips haha.

The only thing that still works in the UK is pubs. At least you can go and sit down and have a pint and chill out and pretend the rest of the country isn’t falling to bits.

4 Likes

If it’s any consolation, the train system in Germany is pretty shit too, based on personal experience.

1 Like

Pubs were a bit of a downer for me. Age related. I miss the proper boozers.

To be fair, this does not seem to be a BA specific fiasco, rather a London Heathrow fiasco . . .

Guy

If one will have a preferred airport terminal. Having said that are BA using Gatwick again?

could be worse, old dirty train far north Italy ( Domodossola), station change from Swiss train

Domodossola, town only famous for being our way to spell D (D for Domodossola).

You were very lucky to have seen only 1 tagged train, most of them are (or just filthy, even HSR)

Not everything.

Pubs are great, as @Finley mentioned. Fantastic fish and chips. Nice Sunday roasts. Pleasant indigenous brews and spirits. People up in Yorkshire and Scotland are friendly. Black cabs tend to know their way around without Google maps. Beautiful roundabouts.

That’s about it.

I mean, in my last 2 visits on the isle I was quite content with the exception of the absurd prices for lodging around London (srsly paying 100 quid a night without breakkie for a place in Devonshire is just wrong, but at least was “close” to the tube station there).

Nice place to have some short trips, if rich west London would be one of the most amazing places to live imho.

It sure the fuck beats Canuckistan.

2000CDN for a shithole 1BD in Calgary. My goodness? :cowboy_hat_face: :cowboy_hat_face: :cowboy_hat_face: Glad we came from a pioneer family lol. Calgary’s rental prices climbing faster than anywhere else in the country | CBC News

Not as bad as up my arse. You would not want to live there.

EDIT: I am cheap, though

The Brits are blaming the French :joy:

Well, it is traditional to blame the French. The French, of course, blame the British for their problems, so it all balances out.

The explanation sounds bizarre. If true, the guy who wrote the software deserves a jolly good spanking.

2 Likes

So your saying a kid make the software. Now he knows who is evil, or maybe the French want more people to use the trains

2 Likes

Well, it really shouldn’t happen - it suggests that the parser handling the flight-plan input has no error-checking in it. For it to bring the whole bloody system down is unforgivable. If true, it definitely bears the hallmark of a novice or careless programmer - someone who, for example, would allow a buffer copy to just go ploughing through the entire memory space if the input stream has a missing terminator (the computer equivalent of a ‘.’).

I wonder if they’ll ever release the technical details? It’d be interesting to find out.

This of course is true!

Guy

3 Likes