✈ Airlines - Europe | Flying with 4 cats from Taipei to Europe

Four people, one cat each?

However, I remember there limits to the number of animals in cabin.

And yes, there are blackout dates animals cannot travel in the hold because of extreme temperatures.

2 Likes

I suggested it first although my Britishness made me go about it indirectly. I was hoping he could read between the lines. Ha ha. Back to being a drug mule instead of a cat mule

1 Like

No need. The problem is one weird cat they have. they can take the other three, and the freebie can take the weirdo.

1 Like

OK, OK. Let’s play stone scissors paper.

Or let’s not because I always lose any game of any kind I play.

There is also a weight limit on cats. My 8 kilo chonk wouldn’t be able to travel.

1 Like

Stop feeding them rats!

2 Likes

Yup - 8kg limit for cat including bag.

Fortunately even our biggest one is “only” 5.5kg, a Norwegian.

2 Likes

Flying rats you mean. They catch birds on their own. But won’t eat chicken.

1 Like

You can have it. My wife doesn’t let me play outside alone. Just for the record though, if anyone wants to take a cat to the UK, i will take your cat for a ticket.

2 Likes

My biggest is 8.7. He’s on a diet.

1 Like

Perhaps of interest. Taiwan based pet transportation company, member of international pet transporters association

https://www.expatfinder.com/moving/pet-relocation/company/porsch-international-taoyuan-county-taiwan/415

4 Likes

Sorry, reading in more detail seems that “Porsch Int” doesn’t do flights…

1 Like

Check with EVA about cats in 787
Also in 1999 I brought TWO Persians from Taipei to sfo in the cargo hold of the EVA 747 combi

1 Like

8kg? Pwah. My whopper Maine coon was 10kg

2 Likes

Had phoned them. Computer says “no” :frowning:

I wish I can help too, I been wanting to go back to Germany for some time… like the cold weather and stuff.

1 Like

And he was a Maine coons, not a Taiwanese ex street cat!

2 Likes

Latest update in this saga: Turkish Airlines. Allegedly they allow cats in the cabin.

So I reserved our flight with the Persian and one other cat, but did not yet book it. I wanted to get confirmation first that we can take cats on that flight. The Turkish customer service guy at the Germany hotline could see in the computer that there are no other animals booked yet on the flights, but couldn’t add cats to our reservations. He suggested we first complete booking the flights, then they would be able to add cats.

Interestingly, Persian cats seem to be called “Iranian Cats” in their system. First I thought that might be a silly political thing, like their calling Taiwan “Taiwan, China”. It seems that’s really one official name for the breed. But only on German Wikipedia, not on the English one. Again what learned.

Anyway. Some hours (and trying lots of different credit cards) later the bookings were done.

Called the hotline again, a Turkish customer service gal confirmed again that there are no other animals booked on that flight yet and that that’s a good thing. However, she couldn’t add cats either - but didn’t know why.

no

Her suspicion was that it’s not due to the race, but due to the route of the flight. She suggested to email a customer service address in Germany to see if they can explain. Waiting for reply now.

So… slowly running out of options. EVA is airline non grata for us by now due to many different issues, probably KLM to Amsterdam is the only remaining option if Turkish Airlines also bugs out. Checking into that now…

5 Likes

If you run out of flight options, maybe you could consider a ship? Takes a month or so though.
Do any leave Taiwan for Europe though and allow pets?