✈ Airlines | StarLux

Rather more cheap ticket options to SEA myself. Also internally in Taiwan.

I think this means it’s almost here

2 Likes

Hope this airline can replace Eva Air. The plane and design looks amazing. The interior also looks amazing.

It’s going to have free wifi onboard.

Nothing is free! It’s included in your ticket.

That’s true. Though having been on several budget airlines, I realized not having my flights canceled willy-nilly is worth paying for, especially when leave time is hard to come by.

A321 Neo are becoming popular with American airlines on the West Coast - Hawaiian islands run.

For their efficiency and less fuel burn per passenger.

Recently flew Hawaiian Airlines from Oakland to Honolulu on one of their A330 and then from Kawai back to Oakland on the new A321Neo.

The A330 is a nicer plane to fly in for the passenger. More space. The Neo was nice but less space between you and seat in front. So a lot of passengers are not feeling it is an upgrade for the flight but rather a down grade.

The Neo is a nice plane and ok enough for passengers. Better to fly that then Boeing’s answer to the Neo, the infamous MAX. Which I am not sure should ever fly passengers again.

Sounds like Hawaiian Airlines picked a Neo configuration less comfortable for passengers.

I think so but I suspect the American Airlines and united airlines 320 Neos also are the same

“Startup airline”, now that is a phrase you don’t see thrown around a lot. Focusing on SE Asian flights? Even more curious. Maybe the whole HK commotion is going to help them. But spinning up all that branding and advertising for 10 planes, they are going to be underwater for a while.

Very importantly, they will have a website and/or APP (doesn’t sound like they’ve actually decided) for passengers to choose their meals! Let me guess, we have to show the flight attendant a QR code on our phones at mealtime? :wink:

With no real solid info in the article other than advertising copy, assuming this is a privately held company? Wonder who their investors are, they must have deep pockets.

1 Like

image https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/staff-member-walks-past-the-logo-of-taiwan-carmaker-yulons-new-brand-picture-id96606132?s=612x612

2 Likes

If Starlux’s passengers are anything like Luxgen’s customers it will definitely be an airline to avoid!

2 Likes

Buddy, they’re one and the same.

1 Like

Taiwan companies sure like the world Luxe

StarLux
Luxy
LuxGen
Lux soap
In LA we had a small Taiwanese bar called Luxe.

Luxe seems like a fitting word for Taiwans interior design/decor on new houses

2 Likes

Chicken soup for my soul:

https://s.iha.com/5095600001644/Luxury-vacation-rental-Taipei-Roman-Building_1.jpeg

1 Like

It’s not the plane’s fault, it’s the airline that does it.

1 Like

Well Avianca just went belly up, massive firing of pilots. Hope they can have a chance here.

the economy looks the same as any other plane… with different colours.

1 Like

They didn’t make it!

" Avianca is the world’s second oldest extant airline after KLM, and will celebrate its 100th anniversary in December 5th, 2019"

Because nothing says luxury like a bunch of animated cartoon characters and kiddy talk in a safety video.

2 Likes

They got the “star” part right at least. Should’ve done something creative like this:

1 Like