✈ Airlines | StarLux

A 30 million 3d cartoon short…

Yep, it feels pulled of Wall-ie and Guardians of the galaxy, for starters. Same old jokes.

I do prefer the old BA short with Mr. Bean and a bunch of other British stars.

https://youtu.be/YCoQwZ9BQ9Q

3 Likes

It’s good for dwarves.

EVA service has been going downhill. Being in star alliance and all the code share flights has really hurt their ability to treat their loyal customers well. A diamond member has the same status as a star alliance gold member - that’s ridiculous. Upgrades are few and far between now too. China airlines has newer planes, and a nice business class, but their staff just isn’t up to par with what Eva was even a few years ago.

I welcome some competition. Now I just hope they do some form of status match - I don’t want to invest a year and x miles just to find out they suck too.

StarLux inches closer to operation:

Guy

thats actually very high quality animation for taiwan and for an airline. they did a good job.

1 Like

sorry i seem to have missed your prediction?

1 Like

I would’ve pushed it in naming my airline and just named it ADAM!

The problem this airline will have is one of getting enough marketshare if China airlines and Eva try to squeeze it by discounting tickets or occupying the gates .

I do hope some discounted tickets come through from this at least for a while!

I’m going to say Eva has a more luxurious inspiring safety video.

you could argue its more classy. the other one is well made though, i’ve seen my fair share of badly done airline safety videos. i skip all of them, this is basically the best one i’ve ever seen. i would totally watch it.

you can’t knock it just because its animation. taiwanese are known for being fully grown adults wearing mickey mouse clothes without any irony ect i don’t see how it would miss the mark with its target audience.

2 Likes

Interpretative dancing during the safety announcements… this should’ve been shot down the moment it came out of communication/marketing’s mouth.

1 Like

Yes quite bizarre. And distracting.

And then there’s things like this that make the dancing video benign…

3 Likes

Currently 3 destinations Da Nang, Macau, and Penang.

3 Likes

Adam air in Indonesia didn’t make it

What would be the price range?

I enjoy the video, and watch it every time I get on an EVA flight. The choreography and filming is beautiful and engaging. The fact that I engagingly watch a safety video for every EVA flight means that they’ve done a fine job.

The starlux video is something g I’ll watch once and never think of ever again.

I’ll ignore the Starlux safety video. It looks like a children’s amusement park video during the waiting line.

Maybe one of those videos before movie that tells you they have popcorn and coke and turn off your phone.

Freagin stupid for any airline including a luxury airline.

Clearly, 51k people disagree with you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

BTW, using an animation for safety video is nothing new…

1 Like

Clearly, people that fly luxury don’t click on videos like this. Clearly people that support the airline or Taiwan or just bored or whatever in general do