✈ Airlines | StarLux

Not so environmentally friendly packaging for a membership card and a luggage tag but looks premium.

1 Like

Cool! When did you get it? Did you fly with them?

No, I got the pictures from the link you posted

4 Likes

StarLux keeps the hope alive with new collaborative offerings at local 7-11s. Enjoy on the ground what you (almost certainly) cannot in the air. : P

Guy

3 Likes

Taiwanese authorities will allow Stalux to operate A350-900 flights between Taipei and Los Angeles, San Francisco, Honolulu, Guam, Seattle, and San Jose. Stalux’s A350-1000 planes can fly between Taipei and Boston, New York (JFK and Newark), Miami, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, and Washington Dulles.

Never heard of a Taiwan airline flying into San Jose (CA). That’d be a first.
But, it makes sense, as a bit closer to Silicon Valley than SFO.
The key point not mentioned: pricing. Will Starlux try to undercut Eva Air?

They once had direct flights TPE-SJO but discontinued them.

1 Like

When? Back in CKS days?

2000s
https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=51693

Not a Taiwan airline. But, still, thanks. Didn’t last very long.
Cheapest flights (before COVID) were Air Canada through Vancouver or United thru SFO.

I have not yet sampled the full range of StarLux / 7-11 collaborative products available now. But I did try their Vietnamese Coffee—a sweet concoction that I perhaps unwisely enjoyed in the evening. That stuff is jet fuel! :sunglasses:

Guy

4 Likes

StarLux remains in the news, as they consider pushing back the launch of their long-haul flights to the US (first destination will be LAX) to 2023.

Put otherwise: it seems they don’t think the situation will be “normalized” within the next year…

Guy

1 Like

Do Vietnamese drink coffee as sweet those little bottles of sugar and caffeine loaded energy drinks they seem to enjoy so much? I can’t believe they’re not all diabetic at 25.

I like the A330. I wonder how competitive the price to LAX will be.

2023?
Man, their cash flow must really suck donkey biscuits.

They don’t have the planes yet just trying to plan snd make things happen

Starlux will probably stop further expansion of China Airlines

And EVA

Their target is EVA for personal reasons

But they may affect
China airlines future growth more

The TW govt may be trying to scale down China Airlines

Well Twn govt better sell their stake in CAL or lower it, if indeed they want to shoot themselves in the foot.

They may be fine with the status quo
Just not expanding further
More concentration of cargo perhaps

The two are making very good money on cargo right now due to pandemic.

2 Likes